Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after a long debate of what kind of exhaust to put on the Tundra, here is where I am at. It seems that the DT LT's are the way to go for headers along with the Y-pipe. But from there I am stumped. I love the look and sound of the Banks Monster dual exhaust but like the price of the JBA dual catback much better.

So give me your opinion on how you would finish this exhaust off and why. What do you think would be the best fit for the Doug Thorley Long tubes? The thing I definately am set on is that it must be dual exhaust.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I posted in the other thread, but will post here too. I put a banks single exhaust to complete my LT exhaust. I got a good deal on mine from ebay. It was used for $400, I am glad I did not pay for it new. I had to cut the exhaust just over the rear axle due to drone. I lost some low end torque, but still pulls nice through the RPMs. Let me know if you got any questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I posted in the other thread, but will post here too. I put a banks single exhaust to complete my LT exhaust. I got a good deal on mine from ebay. It was used for $400, I am glad I did not pay for it new. I had to cut the exhaust just over the rear axle due to drone. I lost some low end torque, but still pulls nice through the RPMs. Let me know if you got any questions.
Yeah, you had a good deal. Overall how's the performance?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not sure why you would need a Y-pipe, I'd suggest a H-pipe and have EscondioTundra (member on here, although I might have his user name wrong) make you a couple of custom mufflers. Drop in a CAI and you're good to go.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I think I lost some low end with the banks exhaust, but love the sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts