Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered Firestone Destination AT 265/70-17R load range C tires for my 2006 Tundra Access cab V6 2WD with limited slip. They had to order the tires and the distributer sent Firestone Transforce AT 265/70-17R load range E instead of the Destination AT load range C. My dealer said since they had made a mistake in the tires he would sell me the Transforce for the same price as the Destination. The Transforce is supposed to be $23.00 more per tire. I went ahead and had him install the Transforce tires and he said if I did not like them he would swap them out even for the Destinations if I did not like them. I am not convinced that the E range tire is the right choice for my truck since it is a light weight V6 truck. He told me to just reduce the air pressure to around 35 pounds in the tires and they would be fine. Is this true? Should I swap out for the Destination? From what I have read the Destination is a better all round tire. Any info on this subject would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go to the Destinations. I looked at the transforce and they are for 3/4 ton or trucks that haul a load.

Of those two the Destination is MUCH better for your truck.

This just MHO

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you are not sure and don't like them, have them get the ones you originally ordered. Doesn't Firestone have the 30 day trial where they will swap out if you are not happy with the tires. Try out different tires on their dime :) Good luck and hope you find the right tire for you.

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
I ordered Firestone Destination AT 265/70-17R load range C tires for my 2006 Tundra Access cab V6 2WD with limited slip. They had to order the tires and the distributer sent Firestone Transforce AT 265/70-17R load range E instead of the Destination AT load range C. My dealer said since they had made a mistake in the tires he would sell me the Transforce for the same price as the Destination. The Transforce is supposed to be $23.00 more per tire. I went ahead and had him install the Transforce tires and he said if I did not like them he would swap them out even for the Destinations if I did not like them. I am not convinced that the E range tire is the right choice for my truck since it is a light weight V6 truck. He told me to just reduce the air pressure to around 35 pounds in the tires and they would be fine. Is this true? Should I swap out for the Destination? From what I have read the Destination is a better all round tire. Any info on this subject would be appreciated.
The same thing happened to me just last week. At Sun Tire in Jacksonville. My mechanic sent the Tundra(Gen. 1 reg. cab.) to them for replacement tires. I had F-Stone Destination AT 245-75-16s on it. I said I wanted the same tires. It was returned with the LEs, not the ATs. I sent it back. It was returned with TransForce ATs. I called Firestone to make sure I had the 30 day "Buy & Try" in effect & they said since I purchased four tires, I had 30 days to try them out. I got Sun Tire on the phone. They called Firestone to make sure it was ok and called back to say they will replace the tires tomorrow morning. But they won't refund me the difference in price. So, they inconvenienced me, caused me to trouble my friends for a ride, three times, and overcharged me by $100.00 In this age of Internet reviews it's not smart to that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts