Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished today and working out the kinks. Added 10psi to R/L drove it found a leak. Ended up filling a bottle with some soapy water and looks as if it is fixed. Over all I am really impressed with the kit and thanks to those who helped with some info. No need for spacers and the kit was real easy to install. Now thinking of an on-board compressor! 07 DCLB FS Airbag Install 033.jpg

07 DCLB FS Airbag Install 037.jpg

07 DCLB FS Airbag Install 059.jpg

07 DCLB FS Airbag Install 053.jpg

07 DCLB FS Airbag Install 064.jpg

·
Registered
823 Posts
Looks bad a$$ great job:tu:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank guys!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
How the ride? Notice any difference?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How the ride? Notice any difference?
I did drive it for about 20 miles and thought I felt a difference, but also thought that I was just excited about the install so need more driving time.. HA! So, I will drive it this weekend with a load and without to confirm. As of right now...if it was what I think...there was a huge difference.

·
Registered
598 Posts
You shouldn't notice a difference if you run about 3-5 psi when not loaded. Now when you put some weight back there and level the truck out you will notice a huge difference. Also, get the compressor, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah... theres no way that fits in the garage lol
HAHA! As a matter of fact...it does! with 2 feet to spare on the rear!:D (And the garage is not too big.)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You shouldn't notice a difference if you run about 3-5 psi when not loaded. Now when you put some weight back there and level the truck out you will notice a huge difference. Also, get the compressor, you won't regret it.
Thanks, yeah I am now writing out my Christmas wish list... Question though. I am looking at the Ride Rite Compressor and it says that it will not fit the 07 Tundra. Is there fabricating involved or what? Any thoughts? I am sure there are other compressors, but...

·
Registered
598 Posts
I don't get that? You mount the compressor wherever you want. I put mine under the hood. It's not a custom model specific compressor. At least it wasn't for mine when I bought it a couple of years ago. I too have an 07 and bought the complete kit from firestone that came with the compressor.
Here is a pic of the compressor I got with mine. However, you can run any compressor you want. Here is a link to where I bought mine from. They have all kinds of compressors to choose from. http://www.truckspring.com/suspension-parts/air-suspension/air-compressor-kits.aspx Also, if you look at the gauge in this photo you can pop it out of the holder and it fits perfectly into the coin holder (non 4X4). Then you just use one of the open blank buttons for your switch

Firestone Level Command II Air Compressor System

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Nice work Montana, enjoy it.

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
I am more interested in the effect bags have on the ride with no load.

Please let us know if it makes things better or worse.

Thanks!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't get that? You mount the compressor wherever you want. I put mine under the hood. It's not a custom model specific compressor. At least it wasn't for mine when I bought it a couple of years ago. I too have an 07 and bought the complete kit from firestone that came with the compressor.
Here is a pic of the compressor I got with mine. However, you can run any compressor you want. Here is a link to where I bought mine from. They have all kinds of compressors to choose from. Air Compressor Kits For Air Bag Suspensions, Auto Air Compressors, Truck Air Compressor - TruckSpring.com Also, if you look at the gauge in this photo you can pop it out of the holder and it fits perfectly into the coin holder (non 4X4). Then you just use one of the open blank buttons for your switch

Firestone Level Command II Air Compressor System

Yeah, I thought that was a little shady. Thank you! I am now on a mission...guess i now understand how everyone on here says "IT WILL NEVER END!" HA!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am more interested in the effect bags have on the ride with no load.

Please let us know if it makes things better or worse.

Thanks!
I will now confirm after driving all frickin day...ugh. The ride with no load does not change much. There is a slight difference driving over tracks (not the excessive bounce)... has a little more cushion to it IMO. Now need to load it and will post.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I will now confirm after driving all frickin day...ugh. The ride with no load does not change much. There is a slight difference driving over tracks (not the excessive bounce)... has a little more cushion to it IMO. Now need to load it and will post.
Is that a 6 inch lift you have there? I didn't think you could use the airbags with that kind of lift

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is that a 6 inch lift you have there? I didn't think you could use the airbags with that kind of lift
It is and you can. Only thing to consider is how the lift was installed (i.e. size of block/Add-A-Leaf size etc.) and if spacers are needed. In my case and a few others on TS, no spacers were required.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I would love to see pics of that set up. I would've thought you couldn't get enough wheel articulation with the stock firestone bags.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts