Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in today getting rotation and balance today at the local Firestone shop I use. Store Manager is pretty cool guy and into building cars. I was inquiring about a truck tire with more aggressive road handling since I am looking for traction since adding the super charger. He brought me over to these and said these were his first set to get in. I am screwed for now since they do make the proper size in an 18", but they do make them in a 20" which has become more popular of course with the Toyota/GM/Ford starting to utilize the larger wheels on most of their trucks. He looked it up and said they should be bringing more 18" sizes, but this was just being launched. Has a 400 treadwear rating for a 40,000 mile total. I thought it looked a like a possibility for some of you guys running the 20" wheels if you are looking for traction.
Firestone Destination ST.... I SCREWED THAT UP,,, THE PROPER NAME IS "DESINATION ST". That is what i get for sitting here at 3:13am with one eye open making post.. sorry for the wrong name... cheersssss

Attachments

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Looks cool - how much $$$? And, which side goes "in" ?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Steve.....I know where you can find some 20'' Sport Edition rims to fit that truck if you really want those tires...........I still haven't had time to get them posted on here. I do like that tread pattern. Maybe something to look into if they make them in a 22''.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks cool - how much $$$? And, which side goes "in" ?
I am thinking the wide groove would go to the inside, but I shall call him and ask. Popo, he said they would run about 289 a tire.. He did not say well that would be 289 with mount, balance and warranty... We did not get that far since they did not make my size. I did email firestone and will see if I even get a response to see if they would be coming out with the 275-65-18 in it..

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve.....I know where you can find some 20'' Sport Edition rims to fit that truck if you really want those tires...........I still haven't had time to get them posted on here. I do like that tread pattern. Maybe something to look into if they make them in a 22''.
I don't think you would take the volant as an even trade for the 20" Sport rims....

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NITT0 420'S HAVE ALMOST THE SAME DESIGN.

And 40,000 miles tops.
EVOL, i will check those nittos out.. I have found some of the sport tires, but as in the nitto when i called them they told me they did not have a 32 inch in an 18" or if i remember right even in the 20" and 22" nothing was close to the 32" of our factory tires. They did have some just over 30" and I guess that would give a great hole shot, but would be turning higher revs at say 75 on interstate cruising, not to say the big gap i would have in the fenderwell.. ha..... If I lowered it, maybe it would be an option and try to get the hypertech tool for the speedo.
I will definitely go back and check the site for that number tire and see what they have in an 18"

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Those are nice tires, wouldn't mind owning a set.. :D If my budget allows it, I might inquire about these. Looking at some Nitto's too. Thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have 40,000 miles already on a set of nitto 420's and they are nowhere near stopping yet

almost identical tread pattern, thought

-Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts