Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a few PM's and messages on here with people asking about the subwoofer installation in my 04 DC. People seem to be interested in my installation, how I did it, parts used, etc. This installation has worked wonderfully for me offering plenty of low-end fill. It's not an SPL setup, but most people (myself included) are quite surprised at the amount of output this setup offers.

I am offering this up here. I will make the subwoofer baffle shown in the linked thread for $50.00 plus shipping. This unit is made from 3/4" MDF, and will come ready to install 2 8" subwoofers. It will be primed and ready for paint. It will have pre-drilled holes for mounting to the storage enclosure, or a box if so chosen. If needed, different subwoofer cutouts may be possible, if I'm made aware at the time of ordering (not responsible if there is clearance/depth issues with subwoofers other than the ID 8, although I will do my best to help).

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/audio-and-stereo/187597-my-04-limited-dc-install/

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Didn't you se some other pieces that hd to be put in the sides of the enclosure space?
What about a complete package deal?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Read the thread about my install.... the pieces were very small, and only covered the large holes in the cavity. There really isn't a "package". I sealed the enclosure using expanding foam, silicone, and then damped it with dynamat.

·
Registered
987 Posts
That is sweet looking. Nice work. Don't have an 04, but if I did, I would be ordering one! Free bump!

·
Registered
4 Posts
This looks great i have an 05 so these will work for that right? And what subs r in in the picture because i dont want to buy this enclosure and find out my subs dont fit so i figure ill make it easy by puttung the same ones u did haha

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can read the install thread here: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/audio-and-stereo/187597-my-04-limited-dc-install/

The subs are Image Dynamics ID8v3 8" subwoofers. They are fantastic. Before you jump into any equipment install, you should really set goals for what you want. If your a bass freak/SPL junky, this probably isn't your setup. There is a good amount of output, but certainly nothing like what a pair of 12's would do. If you're looking more for sound quality/accuracy/punchy bass, this is fantastic. Also, the system is only as good as it's weakest link, so don't think a great pair of subs is going to sound decent on a crummy amp.

Let me know if I can help!

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Pm sent!! Thanks

1 - 20 of 57 Posts