Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently hit 50K miles in our '08 Platinum. Tires were starting to get thin on tread so I ordered a set of General Grabber HTS from Tirerack. They got pretty good ratings and I've been impressed with the General AT's I put on my pickup last year.

These are definately louder than the OE Bridgestone Dueler Alenza's and they don't inspire any more confidence in the rain. Only have a few hundred miles on them so I will report back as time goes on.

Kind of wishing I would have stayed with the Alenzas as they're about the same price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had 30k on my original alenza's and replaced them. Probably could have gotten to 45k or so but we were heading up north at xmas time and the tread left did not inspire any confidence. Driving around down south here they would have been fine. I put on some Michelin LTX M/S2's. Excellent tire so far, a little rougher ride but that's what you get if you want extended tread life (others have stated they get 75-100k on them)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I feel like the OE Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas are one of the best suv tires on the market. Have them on our rx and we drove around in the past blizzard without a problem. They are pretty stable in the rain, pretty quiet and lasted about 50K. It's got a pretty decent rating on tirerack too and it's not some new tire that they've undercost the price to push sales nor with 10 reviews. It's seems to have held up well over time. I plan on keeping these on all our suvs until they go out of production.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think the alenza's were a good tire, had an excellent ride feel, and lasted longer then most OEM tires typically do. We had taken the sequoia up north when they were new and had a few slips here and there in the ice and snow. That would be my only complaint, if I lived up there all the time.

·
Registered
218 Posts
the OE Bridgestone Dueler Alenza's have a tread rating of 600!!! i have 25k miles on my coya, and they are still holding up strong.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I got 60k out of mine and I'm about to replace them. I do more highway driving than city which helps. They wore well and stayed balanced which I did not expect. I'll be purchasing new tire in the next month and would buy alenzas again. They are not the strongest off-road.

I would like a little more sidewall. Can they be purchased with a little more height.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, got 1K miles on these new Generals and they have really grown on me. My first impression was that they seemed noisier than the Alenzas but I think now they are pretty close in noise level. Drove in a hard rain through standing water last week and never felt it start to hydroplane. Anyway, I'm a happy camper now with my Generals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts