Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just wanted to report on my first month of ownership. First off I am loving the truck ! Got my floor mats, bed mat, deck rail system and cargo divider installed. They make a big difference in keeping things in the bed, well, in the bed ! Secondly I am really happy with the mileage so far as well as how accurate the mpg display is to hand calculated. With almost 1000 miles my best has been 16.9 and the lowest at 10.1. Next tank is showing 14 with mixed driving. All in all as good or better than what I was getting in my 03 4Runner V8. The truck seems to have the "sensitve" gas pedal which I am seeing the dealer about soon. They said one of the recalls had been done which one I don't know as of yet. Hoping to get to them late next week. I do have a question regarding the transmission. Mine seems to tremble at times as well as have hard shifting. Is that normal for this transmission ? I don't want to jump the gun on anything if there isn't a problem. It just doesn't seem overly smooth to me.

Hope everyone is enjoying a nice Memorial weekend.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh ! And I got my first scratch ! Waaaa ! Its officially a truck now !

·
Registered
374 Posts
The hard shifting is....I guess you could say normal. Now the tremble is one thing that I would be worried about. Hope everything works out good for ya.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Mileage wise, there's even more potential in that truck. Pure city I've averaged low 13s/high 12s in Winter, mid 14s in warmer weather. Mixed, high 14s.

In pure highway I've managed high 15s at over 80 mph, 16.7 at about 70-75 mph, and 18.7 at a steady 60-65 mph. I believe over 19 highway is completely doable on the slim chance that I would ever have the time and patience to set the cruise at 55. Mileage wise it does better than my 04 Dakota Quad Cab 4.7 in conservative driving and just about matches it in more aggressive driving, with something like 130 more horsepower and 1000 pounds more curb weight.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow 19 mpg at 65mph. I have he 4.6 liter and the best I've done mpg wise is 19( 70mph). City mpg is 15. I have 670 miles on the truck so far so I'm still hoping that this will improve to over 21 mpg with conservative driving on the highway. I never expected much better than 15 mpg in the city.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts