Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Awesome looking truck! What color is that?

·
Registered
237 Posts
All I can say is "WOW". Awesome looking DC you have there. Is that the Brushed Aluminum Runnings Boards? They look great on your Truck. I should have those same running boards soon on my CrewMax.

Good luck with your new DC:tu:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Looks great. Congrats! I love the running boards

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, Slate Metallic. Yes, those are the brushed aluminum running boards. They really look great.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Huntr,

Great looking truck. I like the running boards also. I am shopping for some now. There is a long time specialty shop here that puts on after market running boards. They are about half the price of the dealer running boards. They have a lifetime warranty. I may go with those but after seeing your truck I may just have to have the dealer put on a set like yours. I take it from your name you hunt. I do quite a bit myself.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Huntr,

Great looking truck. I like the running boards also. I am shopping for some now. There is a long time specialty shop here that puts on after market running boards. They are about half the price of the dealer running boards. They have a lifetime warranty. I may go with those but after seeing your truck I may just have to have the dealer put on a set like yours. I take it from your name you hunt. I do quite a bit myself.

Yep, I hunt. Deer mostly. The running boards I have on the truck came with the truck. On the Sticker Price, it was an additional $750 or so. Probably could have got it cheaper but it was already there and I fell in love with the truck. So did the wife so that helped. lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Great looking truck, I really like the TRD pkg and the wheels and tires that come in that pkg are by far my favorite combination on the new Tundra's. Thats a good looking color as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Beautiful...

·
Registered
145 Posts
That Slate Metallic does look good. I like your running boards better than mine. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Every time I turn around I see another Slate Tundra. I figured this would be a unique color, boy was I wrong! Most of the Toyota booklets and ads have slate colored Tundras. I need to put an end to this quickly!

Attention: Toyota recalls all Slate colored 07 Tundras due to paint defect. The paint can not defend itself against UV and Gamma rays leading to severe flaking. The paint is known to come off in sheets at highway speeds. Toyota will discontinue the color and advises potential customers to avoid buying the defective color. Toyota will not be responsible for repainting vehicles bought after April 1 2007 with this know defect.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I couldn't stand it any longer. I ordered the same truck that you have pictured. I live in Missouri, so don't worry about meeting up with me at the mall. I really do like the color and I am looking forward to the extra horses under the hood.

I am trading in my 2000 Ford Expedition on it. I can't wait to pull my travel trailer in style.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yep, I hunt. Deer mostly. The running boards I have on the truck came with the truck. On the Sticker Price, it was an additional $750 or so. Probably could have got it cheaper but it was already there and I fell in love with the truck. So did the wife so that helped. lol
Great when the wife likes the truck too. Mine likes the Tundra. She drove it around Fairbanks on Sunday to get used to the controls. She is driving it to work tomorrow. As for hunting I like moose hunting the best. I have retired from the grizzly bear hunting. I fish a bunch. Not to hijack your thread but this is my hunting and fishing machine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts