Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am very happy with my new tundra. I am wanting to see how many of you drive like i do. When you get a new vehicle do you drive the crap out of it during breakin(like me) or follow the directions to a T? I dont really drive my truck that hard but i drive them hard enough to make sure that they are going to take what i give them. Has anyone really noticed a difference on a "proper" breakin over a personal breakin? Just my first question. Thanks guys Harry.

·
Registered
877 Posts
if you cut open your oil filter from your first oil change, you will see some metal shavings, that comes from metal parts trying to adjust to each other, now just think the harder you run it during breakin, the more particles you will see, so govern yourself. is giving the a great engine breakin time, asking to much.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Hi everyone -This is my 1st post as well. I just did my first oil change on my 5.7 DC, which, by the way, uses a cartridge filter [no cutting needed to inspect the actual filter element] and would have been alarmed to find ANY metal particles at all!
BTW - I broke mine in by hauling a '51 Buick from VA to my home in the FL panhandle. 85 mph - love that 6 speed tranny!

Gordon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts