Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After completing my first 600mile road trip in my new 2007 limited dc Tundra,I am very pleased.The ride and handling are very good and the truck is very quiet at highway speeds.Passing power is simply incredible for a truck even though I was taking it fairly easy since the engine isn't fully broken in yet.Travelling at 70mph, I averaged 21.1 miles per imperial gallon(16.9 miles per U.S. gallon).I consider that quite good for a full sized 4x4, considering that the engine is still very new.With some more break in miles and a box cover,the mileage should improve by 2mpg to 3mpg.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Sweet.

I have yet to go on a road trip yet but i'm looking forward to it. I'm seeing 14.5-15 mostly city driving. Not too bad.

I have 1500 miles on her now.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Taking a trip out to Big Bend in April. Cant wait to drive it in the desert and mountains!

·
Registered
202 Posts
After completing my first 600mile road trip in my new 2007 limited dc Tundra,I am very pleased.The ride and handling are very good and the truck is very quiet at highway speeds.Passing power is simply incredible for a truck even though I was taking it fairly easy since the engine isn't fully broken in yet.Travelling at 70mph, I averaged 21.1 miles per imperial gallon(16.9 miles per U.S. gallon).I consider that quite good for a full sized 4x4, considering that the engine is still very new.With some more break in miles and a box cover,the mileage should improve by 2mpg to 3mpg.
Changing the engine and tranny oil over to full synthetic will usually give you a little better mileage too.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Curious as to what size Motor you have in your DC? Is it the 4.7 V8 or the monster 5.7 V8? Your average MPG readings are going to get better as more miles are put on.

Cheers

·
Registered
764 Posts
All you dirty rottin' SOB's are liars! You're all getting 9mpg!

Oh, wait. I just woke up and had been dreaming I lived in southern Vermont.;)

So, okay. I believe you now. You're a great bunch of SOB's!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Changing the engine and tranny oil over to full synthetic will usually give you a little better mileage too.
MTG

The tranny already has synthetic so don't waste your money there.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I will be changing to ams oil at my first oil change as I always run synthetic oil in my vehicles.
I don't know if you caught it on this forum but the factory Toyota oil is full synthetic allegidly made my Mobil 1. It may be cheaper/easier to get up there than Amsoil?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ams oil is easy to get here,and there are several rumours as to the source of Toyotas oils.I also see that the container in the picture is 0w-20.Isn't 5w-20 the recommended oil for the 5.7?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Either or.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm not sure how my wife did it, but she managed 17.3 MPG this last tank. Shes also only had one traffic ticket all her life, it's my challenge from her to meet that milage mark. I told her my foot is a 10 1/2 hers is a 6 1/2 she will get better gas milage no matter what I do HAHAHAHA!

Point is I have proof this truck is capable of good milage, her record tank was about 50-50 highway city driving. :tu::D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts