Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would say that this is pretty good considering that the wife had the truck for about 2 of the Days that these miles were driven. I had 328 miles on the tank :cry: !! I'm use to the 660 miles that a full tank would yield in the Cummins/Ram! But the wallet dosent hurt as bad with only 21 gallons! So what does this look like to all the expert Taco owners???? I think that in a couple thousand miles it will get the 19+ that I was expecting!:D I hope! JB Oh and what kind of mileage loss will I see when I go to the 265/75/16 BFG TA/KO Tires that will be on the Blue Beast this weekend???

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
expace to gain a few modest mpg points as the rings seat better and the motor breaks in. :tu: :tu:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm getting 20 with 4x4 AC V6 going 60-80 on the highway. I also have allmost 20k miles.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With all of the smaller engine vehicles that I have ever owned the mileage would increase after about 10k. This being the gas engines. I am trying to follow the proper break-in period of 1000 miles....... It is just so hard not to drive the interstate at 70 going back and fourth to work! I would say that 19+ is what I will be seeing here in the next few tanks. I have learned the clutch and engine better as has my wife :eek: !!! I thought that she had a hard time with the Corolla but man,,,,,,,, the Taco is killing her! - - - - - - - - SO, what kind of decrease in mileage will I see with the BFG's?? JB

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's what I got on my first tank but I know the tank wasn't full as I usually fill it from the dealership.
I'm now averaging 20.58 with mine if I throw out the first fill up. I have 1250 miles on it now. 4X4 DB LB Auto I'm very happy that I didn't get a new Tundra especially with fuel prices over $3.25 gal in my area. I have talked to several new Tundra owners and they are getting 14.2 mpg avg.

·
Registered
302 Posts
That's normal....the engine will get better mileage after it breaks in.

My 2005 Tacoma (V-6) started off at around 19 mpg and slowly gained mileage up until she hit around 22 mpg. Now, she'll go from 21 mpg to 24 mpg based on how hard I'm driving her.

Good luck!

EngineerBoo

·
Registered
263 Posts
That's normal....the engine will get better mileage after it breaks in.

My 2005 Tacoma (V-6) started off at around 19 mpg and slowly gained mileage up until she hit around 22 mpg. Now, she'll go from 21 mpg to 24 mpg based on how hard I'm driving her.

Good luck!

EngineerBoo
Why are my mpg's so low on my base Taco 4cyl auto?? You guys all have the V-6, and some of you are getting better mileage than me.

I'm very conservative, but I only got 19.1 on my first tank, then a few tanks later, I got 22.4, but still seems low for the 2.7L??

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got the DC 07 V6 4x4 Tacoma and also got 18 mpg for the first couple of tanks. MPG went to 19.2 city when I switched to Mobil One synthetic oil. Don't know why, but it did.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Why are my mpg's so low on my base Taco 4cyl auto?? You guys all have the V-6, and some of you are getting better mileage than me.

I'm very conservative, but I only got 19.1 on my first tank, then a few tanks later, I got 22.4, but still seems low for the 2.7L??
With about 600 -750 miles on it my 4 cyl got 29.7 on the highway at 60 mpg over a 350 mile trip. Around town (Virginia Beach .... which at times I would kick it from stops to see what it would do) I got about 20 mpg ..... expecting it to increase as rings/seals/etc. set in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will be filling the truck up this weekend and will report where I'm at now! Mostly highway with 30% Stop and Go! All have a great weekend, and get em Muddy!!! JB:tu:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I must not have let mine break in properly; my mileage has gotten worse in time, not better. I got 19 to the gallon once, right after I got my tonneau, but not again since then and even that was after 20K. I do have a bit of a lead foot, though, driving upwards of 85, depending. Definitely payin' to play.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I must not have let mine break in properly; my mileage has gotten worse in time, not better. I got 19 to the gallon once, right after I got my tonneau, but not again since then and even that was after 20K. I do have a bit of a lead foot, though, driving upwards of 85, depending. Definitely payin' to play.
Alright, another OC'er in da' house!!!:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I put the BFG's on the truck Wednesday of last week and finished off the tank. I ran 327 miles on 18.22 gallons! This equals 17.94 MPG. THe truck has 980 miles on her now..... I can tell a little difference with the bigger tires on there as far as rolling resistance but for the way that they look and ride/go anywhere its worth it! I'm sure that after my second oil change when I go to full synthetic in the transfer/diff/engine- - - - -I will get at least 1mpg better..... Plus the extra miles that will be on there!

** Right now I'm really happy with the Tacoma :D compared to all the truck that I have ever had! BUT_____--There is a rattle in the drivers side window that will aggrevate :mad: the heck out of me if I dont have the radio on. If I put my elbow against the back portion of the window close to the seatbelt/pillar mount and apply a little pressure I can make the tingy rattle stop! If anyone has had there truck repaired/fixed with this problem and knows what I can do to stop it please speak! I'll have to get the dealership to check this out during the first oil change if not!! Thanks, JB

1 - 20 of 20 Posts