Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
670 miles and still loving the hell out of this truck. Second tank I got 17.8 MPG (5.7Litre) mix of city and hwy driving.

Pulled my 20 Grady this weekend. It weighs ~5000lbs. The tundra handled it like a dream. I came from a F-250 Diesel and the Tundra seems to get the load moving quicker due to the turbo lag with the diesel. I was totally impressed.

Eveything is perfect with this truck. And man oh man does the stereo crank!

·
Registered
265 Posts
670 miles and still loving the hell out of this truck. Second tank I got 17.8 MPG (5.7Litre) mix of city and hwy driving.

Pulled my 20 Grady this weekend. It weighs ~5000lbs. The tundra handled it like a dream. I came from a F-250 Diesel and the Tundra seems to get the load moving quicker due to the turbo lag with the diesel. I was totally impressed.

Sound like a very satisfied customer. You might not want to tow a whole lot for the first couple thousand miles due to break in period. Nice to here a reference from an ex diesel owner.:tu:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Good to here things like this about our tundy's!!

Especially about the oil burner's!! hahahahaha

Yeah, you shouldn't tow anything until you have 500 miles or more on the truck. According to owner's manual.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 650 miles and just did some local towing to the boat ramp no speeds above 55 mph. The truck is awesome. I was impressed with its load handling ability. Before I had the 250 I had a 150 and no comparison there...the Ford 5.4 litr "worked" to pull the load...did fine, but nothing like the Tundra...then again the 5.4 litre was a 97...10 yrs in technology is a good thing.

·
Registered
213 Posts

Hey man, You got my truck...Nice tastes...Congrats :tu: :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts