Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just mentioned this in another thread, but I think i'll make a full post about it.

For most of my Sequoia's lifetime, i'd get about 455 miles per tank on highway and 350 in routine driving. Over time, it got worse and worse - down to about 410 highway and 300 routine driving. My check engine light eventually came on, and it was an oxygen sensor, and I also had an obvious manifold leak. I had them both replaced (Toyota actually agreed to cover the manifolds after I complained about having to deal with the ABS booster, air bag sensor, and VSC chip). My driving has become much smoother and quieter from a stop, and my gas mileage has improved to about 468 miles per tank on the highway going 80 mph - better than I've seen it in a very long time, and about 370 miles in overall driving. I think keeping the driving a bit more conservative, i.e. 70-75 mph, I could probably pull near 470-480 miles a tank. This is all calculated as well, not the BS trip computer, which tells me I've gotten 17.9 mpg in its whole life. Then again, I have done alot of highway driving.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts