Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody has seen any flag pole mounts for the bed of a Tundra.

I have so far only found one site that makes them, Emergency Vehicle Services, Inc. | Online Store - Vehicle Flag Pole System (Powered by CubeCart) , but 230 bucks sounds a little much.

I saw a guy that custom made brackets for his truck, and they look awesome, I attached a picture.

If anybody has seen anything like this for sale, or knows how to make something similar pretty easy, I would rock to hear from you.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Try this:

Pick up one of the fiberglass rods used for desert/play trucks & carts, attach a flag, and find a welder to make you a bracket that will fit the stake pocket & take the fastener for the fiberglass pole.

Alternately, you could use some small diameter steel tube, a stiff CB antenna spring, and a little fabrication time. Ask around for someone who does small MIG/TIG jobs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I had already seen this. Its not exactly what i'm looking for though. That looks like something that you would put a pole in while not moving. It looks like that flag would just sit in there.

I want something that would preferably start in the truck bed, and be usable while driving. The truck in that picture had a custom bracket mounted in the bed the poles came out of. I would love to be able to make this bracket, its perfect.

and it fits in the truck like this..

I may end up having to try and make this bracket. My dad has access to a model shop and my grad dad welds, was just looking for something easy pre-made for the truck.

If I had a toolbox I would just run some U-bolts through it for the rod. But i'm not really to fond of the idea of drilling holes in the bed. I don't want a high-flying flag, but one like that in the picture is perfect.

Thanks for the suggestions though, enjoy that umbrella :beach:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts