Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Flashing Orange Light 4WD Indicator

6K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Gatorman76 
OK. Don't know anything about the Sequoia but, sometimes my Tundra blinks until I put it in gear(drive).

One thing to remember and the manual dose not tell you.

When you want to shift from 4Hi to 4Lo PRESS AND HOLD the 4Lo button in do not let go until 4x4 Lo is fully engaged. Hold it in for 5 – 10 seconds

The 4Hi button will stay in when you press it and come out when you press it again (toggle). The 4Lo button will not stay in it will come out when you let go (momentary).

See if that helps let me know.
Where did you get this information? I've never had to hold in the lo button. No hesitation, either. Is this a common problem? Well. Hope it works for him. If I ever have the problem I'll try that.

I got this information from myself when I was going from 4Hi to 4Lo and pressed the 4Lo button to fast and it did not engage all the way. When I started to go it slipped out and you could hear the gears grinding.
Ouch! The green 4WD light blinks on mine sometimes but quits when I put it in gear. It doesn't make a sound so you only know it's engaged because the green light goes out, and the added traction, of course. But going to 4 Lo I get a noticible nudge and a slight "thunk" noise. Coming out it's just the opposite. Comes out of 4 Lo ok but if I don't get all the slack from the driveline out it really "clunks" going back into 2WD. I hate that.

I got this information from myself when I was going from 4Hi to 4Lo and pressed the 4Lo button to fast and it did not engage all the way. When I started to go it slipped out and you could hear the gears grinding.
Ouch! The green 4WD light blinks on mine sometimes but quits when I put it in gear. It doesn't make a sound so you only know it's engaged because the green light goes out, and the added traction, of course. But going to 4 Lo I get a noticible nudge and a slight "thunk" noise. Coming out it's just the opposite. Comes out of 4 Lo ok but if I don't get all the slack from the driveline out it really "clunks" going back into 2WD. I hate that. But you posted on Gen 1 Tundra and I believe you're referring to a Sequoia. Is it the same system?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.