Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 2004 tundra, it came with some decent chrome Ultra wheels (go to my profile to check them out). I live in MT, and the guy before me didn't change the wheels during winter, so road salt is causing the chrome to corrode. I'm debating between flat black and gloss black on my rims? Any suggestions? The truck is maroon. I might leave the outer part of the wheel chrome, to give it an accent. (the chrome isn't peeling there). . . also another thing is, you can buy the rims new in flat black, not gloss. I'm not a fan of having the same as someone else. Thanks people.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Flat black or gunmetal :first:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have gloss black and chrome wheels, I am just saying from expierence of owning gloss black to go with it. You can't get a better look than it and if you were going to go flat black you mise well get some spray on under coating and save youself the money. Just not a flat black fan.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Beyond the subjective, flat paint tends to be weaker and more prone to stone chips than gloss, for some brands of paint.

·
Registered
49 Posts
go to advanced buy it in a can take it to a paint shop have them put it on and clear it so it looks done right an professional.

·
Registered
422 Posts
flat black FTW!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts