Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some new wheels for my 05 AC, and i was looking for some suggestions. I like the offroad wheels with the larger holes in them, but they all seem to be in chrome or a gloss black. I would really like to find some in flat black. If anyone has some suggestions it would be great. I was looking for somehting like this but in a flat black.
Rock Crawler Series 97 17" 5 Lug Wheel - 5 Lug Pattern - Off Road Unlimited

Am i better off just powder coating them flat?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not sure if your willing to spend a little more but the American Racing Teflon Mojaves are similar to what your looking for. They look great and are super easy to keep clean.

I was looking for some new wheels for my 05 AC, and i was looking for some suggestions. I like the offroad wheels with the larger holes in them, but they all seem to be in chrome or a gloss black. I would really like to find some in flat black. If anyone has some suggestions it would be great. I was looking for somehting like this but in a flat black.
Rock Crawler Series 97 17" 5 Lug Wheel - 5 Lug Pattern - Off Road Unlimited

Am i better off just powder coating them flat?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well, the Mojaves are nice wheels, but they are teflon powdercoated instead of flat black. I actually had those exact rims you posted on here previously on my old Nissan Frontier, and I hated how glossy they were. They are very cheap though, which is why I went with them. I even considered just taking a brillo pad to them to dull the finish, but decided against it. Even though they were cheap, I didn't want to ruin them like that.

Anyway, if you like the Teflon look(pretty close to flat black) check out my pics, cuz I might be looking to upgrade soon and sell them. I had mine powdercoated Teflon due to the ease of cleaning as previously stated. I get compliments all the time on the way they turned out. It cost me $200 to get them powdercoated, which from what I gather is a pretty good deal considering they had to sandblast them and all(they were polished aluminum when I got them new). I'm in Socal also if you wanna check them out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts