Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating pulling the trigger on a Supercharger and am trying to do a little research.

How do I know if my truck is Flex Fuel or not? Stupid question, I know, but I cannot find a definitive answer.

I pulled my window sticker out and it makes no mention of Flex Fuel. I have no badging on the truck, so it seems that I do NOT have a Flex Fuel vehicle... PERFECT!

However, according to my less than brilliant dealer rep, he says that all Tundras in this region are sold as Flex Fuel and that Toyota does not badge them or make mention on the window sticker. I find this hard to believe, but I have had whackier things happen in the Republic of Commifornia.

What's the skinny, guys?

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
My 2010 had the green flex-fuel badge on the tailgate, bottom right corner. Also, check your engine code; Standard engine is 3UR-FE and the FFV is 3UR-FBE

·
Registered
85 Posts
Flex Fuel is a joke. It is as stupid as Billy Beer! It's only about 30 cents cheaper or so and the mileage is horrible. If you think towing an 8500# boat up a hill makes your gas gauge spin......try doing it with flex fuel......It's almost like watching Bush's popularity meter from 2003 to 2005. Save yourself some time at the pump and spend a couple of extra dollars at the pump. It would be great if it was about 1.10 a gallon.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
If it is indeed a lex Fuel, I do not think the SC will work. Like Popo stated, engine code should be your first clue. :)

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I heard the flex fuel badge adds 150 hp and torque.. so no need for S/C

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
My 2010 had the green flex-fuel badge on the tailgate, bottom right corner. Also, check your engine code; Standard engine is 3UR-FE and the FFV is 3UR-FBE
Good info popo, I tried to send you points but I guess I've sent you to many recently.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Well shucks... I'm just glad to help! And Powerhogger, sorry to correct you, but it only adds 139hp... Butt-dyno certified (but really, what a bunch of BS that I can't get the S/C :mad: :mad: )

·
Banned
444 Posts
but really, what a bunch of BS that I can't get the S/C :mad: :mad: )
You can supercharge it, You will just not have any-warranty. Toyota says you cant..

·
Registered
916 Posts
If you think towing an 8500# boat up a hill makes your gas gauge spin......try doing it with flex fuel......It's almost like watching Bush's popularity meter from 2003 to 2005.
Or Obama's popularity RIGHT NOW!:happy3d:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
According to my owner's manual, "Flex-fuel vehicles can be identified by the fuel tank cap, which is marked "FLEXFUEL E85/GASOLINE"." I could not find any other direct identifying mark mentioned. Could someone let me know if I missed something?

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
its mentioned on the window sticker if you have it....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've heard but can't confirm that the FFV have yellow gas caps. Told by my local Toyota dealership. I had to buy used to get a non flex fuel as they don't sell non FFV in my state. :mad: Plus all new ones I looked at had the green FFV badge on the rear tailgate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts