Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so not to happy with the factory air intake on my truck, i was crossing a flooded road about a foot of water which shouldn't be a problem but my factory fender liner popped out and pretty much acted like a scoop into the air box. I was idling through it and it quit, popped the hood and everything was dry except when i popped the air filter housing it was full to the top of water. towed it home and pulled the plugs and it's looking like a broken connecting rod :( but i'll see when i get it taken apart only 30000kms on the truck too. I'll post some pics when it gets taken apart.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Might be worth a shot to at least discuss this with your insurance company before jumping in too deep. They probably won't cover it, but I'd at least try.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Damn that sucks......shouldve gone w/ a aftermarket CAI. LOL, bad joke I know.

Hope you get it back up and running!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so heard back from my insurance and they are putting a long block in with the same milage with no charge to me and my insurance rates aren't gonna go up so i'm exctied about that. and unfortunately I'm driving a 2010 dodge ram hemi so that really makes me appreciate my tundra even more but i will post pics of my tundra when i get a chance

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Thats some great news for you.....whos your insurance company, if you dont mind me asking. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats some great news for you.....whos your insurance company, if you dont mind me asking. :)
Intact insurance Canadian part of ING insurance and they were awesome had me a rental the next day and an adjustor looked at my truck within 3 days even though there were so many other claims quite happy with them that's forsure

1 - 12 of 12 Posts