Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get a call from Toyota about the floor mat recall? I just got one saying I gotta take mine in to get fixed. Btw did anyone else get their pedal replaced? I know driven did. I called to make an appointment to change oil and told them I wanted to change it but they said they wouldnt do it. Anywho thanks.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Had the pedal changed early in the year. It's definitely more sensitive. Could be good and bad I guess.

Got the call today regarding the floor mats. I told them to fix it the same time they change the oil which is this Friday so works out perfect for me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know if its the same fix as the other cars, as in they are going to cut the pedal? I never had a chance to call them back yet, but if it is the same im not gonna call them back.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I got the floormat recall letter in the mail and just threw it away. Don't want them messing with my floormats. Toydriven - did you get shim fix done already? If you have, then just tell them the pedal's too sensitive and they should have it changed correctly by installing the new pedal assembly. From what i've read, they won't install the new pedal assembly unless you complain or tell them you're not happy with the shim fix. I told them it wasn't safe to have a pedal with no resistance and they changed it right away.

·
Forum Admin
8,250 Posts
Unless your Tundra came from the lot with oem All-Weather(AW) mats already in it, disregard the floor mat recall notice. If it came off the lot with the AW mats, they will replace them with new revised AW mats. If it didn't, they'll throw away your aftermarket mats and call it done.

However, [inserting safety disclaimer] if you want that Total Recall safety feeling, you should get all Toyota recommended recalls completed.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Took my truck to Servco a couple weeks ago for my free oil change and they didn't mess with my Weathertech rubber mats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts