Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the part number for that floor mat hook? I'm looking at getting some new floormats, but the hook was missing from my truck when I bought it. I think it's the same part for all years, but in case it's not, it's a 2002 Tundra.
:ts:

·
Registered
48 Posts
When I bought my mats from Toyota, it came with the hook. Order the mats first, if its not with them, then order the part. I bought one seperately when I ordered my mats, but that was 3 years ago. I have a spare somewhere, if i knew where, I'd sell you that one.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I bought my mats from Toyota, it came with the hook. Order the mats first, if its not with them, then order the part. I bought one seperately when I ordered my mats, but that was 3 years ago. I have a spare somewhere, if i knew where, I'd sell you that one.
Alright, I'll do that then. Thanks for the reply. Out of curiosity, do you remember how much the hook cost?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are the hooks only in 01's? cause i just bought new mats for my 04 and I did not get any hooks.....I wish I did cause that mats do move around a bit.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Part# 00206-00801 and they're less than a buck each, online at least.
Excellent, thanks! I'm gonna order the mats online and see if they come w/ a clip... if not, off to the dealer.
I don't know why, but it seems like the dealers can never find the part numbers whenever I try to get something like this.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are the hooks only in 01's? cause i just bought new mats for my 04 and I did not get any hooks.....I wish I did cause that mats do move around a bit.
I know they're in the 02 models, but I don't know anything about the years after that. I also know that my 96 Tacoma had them too, so I'm kinda surprised if they only put them in the Tundras through 02.

·
Registered
214 Posts
There should be a hole in the floor for them. If not, push on the carpet with the tip of your finger along the backward edge of the floorboard and you should feel the hole in the floor for it. I've seen it where dealers take them out to keep them from getting ripped off and then not putting them back in.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Anyone figure out what the hooks job is? and why we need one in the first place casue i see no purpose it performs??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hogwild,
The hooks job is to hold the floor mat in its place. This way when your getting out of your truck and drag your feet, the mat stays there and doesn't move.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone figure out what the hooks job is? and why we need one in the first place casue i see no purpose it performs??
It holds the floor mat in place. It's pretty good about not moving in my Tundra, but it was a nightmare in my Tacoma, especially since it had a clutch.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
that's very nice waste of a dollar!! pick your feet up and ya will not drag mat and scrape door jam/kick plate. I got rid of those lame fabric mats when i bought truck and left dealership with thick rubber mats and my #12's have no problems when my brain says to PICK up my feet to walk!! yes they have the hole also but seems like if they paid someone to think of this we all got took!!!

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's very nice waste of a dollar!! pick your feet up and ya will not drag mat and scrape door jam/kick plate. I got rid of those lame fabric mats when i bought truck and left dealership with thick rubber mats and my #12's have no problems when my brain says to PICK up my feet to walk!! yes they have the hole also but seems like if they paid someone to think of this we all got took!!!
my mat doesn't slide when I get out of my truck, it slides up under the pedals over time.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
i bought all weather OEM mats when i bought my D/C and the mats came with this wonderfull part and i guess the passengers will just have to trip on their mat?? guess they are not as clumsy as the drivers?? since i have an extra one now i think i will drill a whole in passengers floor to install one for him!! NOT!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't drag my feet either, it's just something that keeps it in place. I have rubber mats over the oem mats anyway, those slide around too. My oem mats would slide up under the pedals over time also. Guess you can't please everyone with a basic explanation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts