Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 130,000 miles, my baby got its first black eye......
We live on a 1-3/4 miles shell road........on the way to take a vase full of water and flowers to a birthday party........I went around a corner too fast( my bad) and flowers and water were everywhere..........I tried to catch them........and one of those 6 inch fence post ran right out in the road......buried in shell it didn't want to move.......one foglight, bumper cover, turn signal "frame",and some minor on 1/4 panel......no hood damage........ I came to a stop..........being an ex drinker I started to lose it........but had to just grin at my stupidity.

I do think I have "one" accident free.....we will see........

The birthday girl liked her flowers........
Buds started calling me CRASH..........wtf.........stuff happens.....zero accidents in close to 30 years........not too shabby...........I will try to do pics, but I am not too puter smart.

·
The Tire Guy
261 Posts
Had a ditch do the same thing once......

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I went around a corner too fast( my bad) and flowers and water were everywhere..........I tried to catch them........and one of those 6 inch fence post ran right out in the road......

Classic....:D

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try to post these pics........I can't figger it out......I can e mail them to somebody if they can do it....5 or 6 pics......thanks from a backwoods wellwater drinker

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that third from last shows where that post stopped...........
$2800 and some change........5 days to do the repair.......$100 deductable.......I won't have a payment change
Its not like I didn't know the post was there ........I put the damn thing in.......
oh well ....it could have been alot worse
Thanks Marky

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
.....zero accidents in close to 30 years........not too shabby...........

30 years of driving and only one accident? that's fantastic! you must have been one of those kids who didn't miss one day of school from 1st grade through high school. my mother had been driving for about the same amount of time as you before she had an accident. she couldn't believe it happened either. HA! glad you are safe.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well accually , I was a child in need of supervision ALOT.......quit school a month before the end of 11th.......got my GED later......well I have been sober for 22 years.....I had lost my liecence for 5 plus,....so 28 plus years ago.......racing and/or budwieser dont mix.......

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
wow Bill, definitely no supercharger for you (just kidding). Man sorry to see your ride get that much of damage. Hopefully your body shop takes care of you :tu:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Gene..........Yeah what a bite......but my son says he will get me in a 2010 club or crew ....so I will get to drive a new one for a few days and ck out the extra ponys.
I was only going 10 to 15 mph at most......cold idle.....and if the tire didn't hit it ....it would have gone farther......

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Well accually , I was a child in need of supervision ALOT.......quit school a month before the end of 11th.......got my GED later......well I have been sober for 22 years.....I had lost my liecence for 5 plus,....so 28 plus years ago.......racing and/or budwieser dont mix.......

are you sure your name is not George W. Bush II? HA! J/K.

i like that last line you wrote... "racing and buweiser don't mix" isn't that the truth! funny how we all go through our own version of "finding and easier way" huh? glad you are sober. me too. although i have been known to be mistaken for such. :eek: back when i was in school, i hit a house! and here you got by with a fence post. i'd venture that your karma is working out quite well for you. :D

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
We all have had our "bad days" where fence posts or other obstacles get in our way !

God knows I have had my share of those .....

The important lesson here is to recognize our limitations and learn from them.

Wisdom can be a biotch, eh ?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I agree......some of the wisdom we get by way of scars or losses of things.........its just a shame that some of us (me) gotta learn the hard way.........I feel this was message from above that I need to tighten up some.......at least that is the way I am going to look at this.........But it still is a bite

·
Registered
655 Posts
next time put the post on a leash,so it cant run out in front of ya!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts