Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"L" Yes I have a muffer, not a muffler.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just for reference, this is way quieter than the 50 series .

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Hey man - thanks again for posting that... I've been wanting to hear a 70-series on a Tundra for awhile, and after buggin him about it, he was good enough to post it! (pts sent)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks for posting. Points sent.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My pleasure guys. Lord knows everyone here has helped me from time to time. Good to give back.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did not know you could give points to someone? How does that work?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I did not know you could give points to someone? How does that work?
SR5Newbie, Don't feel left out... I had to ask another member (Thanks Mickw) about that. On the upper right hand corner of that member's post is an icon (light blue and looks like an old fashion telephone). Click on that member's post and add points (self explanatory).

From what I gather and observe, it is a way to reward members who actually contribute to the forum - posting "How to" and useful info that help us Tundra owners.

Hope that helps. HIPPO

·
Registered
208 Posts
That sounds awesome.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SR5Newbie, Don't feel left out... I had to ask another member (Thanks Mickw) about that. On the upper right hand corner of that member's post is an icon (light blue and looks like an old fashion telephone). Click on that member's post and add points (self explanatory).

From what I gather and observe, it is a way to reward members who actually contribute to the forum - posting "How to" and useful info that help us Tundra owners.

Hope that helps. HIPPO

Understood, thanks for the education.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Thanks for posting. I had flowmasters in my last truck (T-100) and it performed well. I am in no great hurry to replace what is on my current ride but as soon I'm ready, I have an idea what to expect.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Understood, thanks for the education.
Just to piggy back on what Hippo said, if you click the user cp in the upper left of the page you can see who recently has given you points and can read the comments.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Thanks for the clip!. No drone whatsoever? How is that possible? I thought all aftermarket mufflers had some drone.

What is your cruising speed? If it's 80 or 50 then I believe you there's no drone. lol

·
Registered
665 Posts
I did not know that flowmaster had a muffler with no drone, I thought it was a trademark, lol. Glad you like them and they sound nice and mellow...with a little growl.

I had true dual super 40's on my 5.7 and omg drone city! But dear lord they sure sounded nice around town. My mpg has definitely improved since ditching them though!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the clip!. No drone whatsoever? How is that possible? I thought all aftermarket mufflers had some drone.

What is your cruising speed? If it's 80 or 50 then I believe you there's no drone. lol

70 mph is cruising speed with no load. This is nothing like the 40 or 50 series, which both have drone to them. As long as I am not accelerating, it is darn near factory quite with no load and cruising speed. It is not a loud muffler inside the cab. In fact, for most people it would not be loud enough. My brothers factory 6.2 chevy's stock exhaust is louder than mine.

Don't have to believe me, but I am 46 years old and tired of the loud stuff for the most part. Now I still have my 69 camaro with 3" exhaust and super turbo's if I want to cruise in a loud vehicle. But for the daily, I like them quiet now days.

I would take the camera inside the truck, but you would just hear road noise.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did not know that flowmaster had a muffler with no drone, I thought it was a trademark, lol. Glad you like them and they sound nice and mellow...with a little growl.

I had true dual super 40's on my 5.7 and omg drone city! But dear lord they sure sounded nice around town. My mpg has definitely improved since ditching them though!

I have had 40's and 50's on my 5.3 chevy's and you are right, loud at cruising speeds. At idle I really can't even hear the exhaust. Pretty much the same at no load cruising speeds. This muffler is not even in the ball park as the 40 & 50 series.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You're right...I've been running the Flowmaster #70 installed catback for the last 1 1/2 years or so on my SCSB and there is no drone. Down here is south Texas we cruise between 75-80. The only time you really hear it is when we get after it!!!

Always remember---a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You're right...I've been running the Flowmaster #70 installed catback for the last 1 1/2 years or so on my SCSB and there is no drone. Down here is south Texas we cruise between 75-80. The only time you really hear it is when we get after it!!!

Always remember---a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!!

Glad i got a backer here, thanks. It is almost too quiet........almost

1 - 20 of 21 Posts