Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a minute since I have posted, but I am looking to swap out my fog light housings on my 05 DC for some kind of LED set up.... Looking for something that is road safe, so i don't get flashed a million times. What are some good options? I know rigid makes some but are the worth the money?
Any input would be greatly appreciated! TIA...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWIW I just replaced the stock bulbs with yellow LED's they're fairly bright and I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

Alla Lighting High Power 3030 SMD New Version Xtremely Super Bright 9006 HB4 LED Bulb Gold Yellow LED Fog Light Bulbs Lamps Replacement https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYS3HQD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7DuOAbJV3QH8W
Thanks for the input but, I am looking for something that is street legal and also bright enough to match my LED headlights that I purchased from VLEDS. Also something that will somewhat change the look of the fogs, never really liked the looks of them!:grin2:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you considered a retrofit into your housing? You could retro LED or HID. Have any pictures of your current LED setup?
Current set up is: 9006 LMZ PLATINUM HIGH OUTPUT LED for fog light but one is burned out and they don't sell them anymore.... Really wanted to try and go a different route, but it seems my year Tundra doesn't have a very big aftermarket selection! How and what would I need to retro fit LEDs in the for housing?

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Stock fog on right, Baja (not adjusted down enough) on left. Just a quick pic before swapping the second and working on aim

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
2.25" bolt from local hardware store required for this setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
for anyone going with these Baja Designs squadrons + the fog light inserts, plan on mounting UPSIDE DOWN...bracket up, drill the hole for the bolt on the top half of the insert. You'll have to re-mount the squadron lens so that it is correctly oriented. This is a must as if you use the bolt on the bottom half of the insert, then you'll run your fogs too high and you cannot adjust down further.

This is mine BEFORE I learned the lesson above - do yours right!

So - big hole for the bolt goes up top, little hole for wire goes on bottom.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts