Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ,

im having a problem with my fogs , they don't work what so ever . had my girls father(35yr A mechanic) gave it a look and said it was the switch so i bought a new 60$ switch and yea that didn't do it then realized there's a relay i believe for the fogs on the battery that wasn't attached so i attached it and still nothing . . . . . thought it wast the new hid's i got but yet no it wasn't so i bought new bulbs any ways and still nothing i have went through all fuses and relays with my girls father and it all looks good . . . . . if i cant figure it out ima have Toyota give a look when i get my water pump and timing belt done cause its been a yr since they stoped working . . any problems with the wiring ? . . and also can the fogs come on when i have my corner lights on ? and i heard of a fog light mod ? what is this ? and where to get it ?

thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
Both bulbs burned out??? try to run a hotwire from the light to the battery and see if it goes on.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both bulbs burned out??? try to run a hotwire from the light to the battery and see if it goes on.
na, both bulds r new and when they first started not workin i had a set of hid's in them all hooked up and i thought it was the hids since they never went on and worked , i tested the ballast and it worked so i had new bulbs sent and still nothing so i got rg buls for the fogs and still nothing , im thinkin relay possibly the one in the fuse box , can anyone tell me what the one relay on the postive terminal on the battery is for ?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well testing relays is about impossible without the correct tester. Usually its best to spend the few bucks and replace it. I am guessing these are stock fogs so the relay would be in the main fuse box under the hood.
I also had a similar prob a few weeks ago and when I finally gave up trying to figure it out and brought it to Toyota it costs me 200 bucks for them to trace the wiring and found the power wire that runs from the drivers side to the passenger side somehow got a cut in it and shorted out causing the relay to short out. I would check your wiring and see if you have any splices or cuts in them.

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
Well if you get too frustrated you could always get a wiring kit and wire it from scratch. you could also set it up so they would come on with the parking lights that way. As far as the foglight mod goes, there are many ways to do it depending on your year and truck configuration. Search and you will find what you need.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys , i was even thinkin of doin 00-02 delete panels and get sum after market fogs in stead like this guy
never wired lights b for but i hooked up numerious systems so i dont think i should have any probs right ?

here pic off another guys truck where i got my idea
any one know where i can get them deletes from ?

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Those are nice, good looking truck bud. I could be wrong, but if they have just a live wire for power and a ground wire, you should have no trouble running just a wire kit to rewire them to a switch. I'm going to have a friend look at my set up for my new back up lights, I am thinking a relay in line will be helpful to my set up, as soon as I find out I can give you the details. If you check my new thread, I give the basic run down on what you have to do.

It's just a power wire with a fuse to the switch, a ground wire to the switch, a power wire from the switch to the lights, and a ground wire from each light to ground. Presto. Like I said, I have to see if a relay will be beneficial, I'll be sure to let you know soon as I do. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts