Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just got a new white Camry hybrid and wanting to install the fog light's on that vs the blanks on his bumper. Does anybody have the parts number or has anybody added fog lights on a hybrid Camry:confused:

Erik

·
Registered
79 Posts
No but I also own an '07 XLE-V6 with fog lights and I think I've used them exactly once in the year I've owned the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey - I just like the looks of having them on. Sometimes I want more than just the DRL's, but not the headlamps..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually talked to one of the service guys at toyota ...who is special for all hybrids and said it would be no problem to add it and if you were to by the kit online at ebay that to make sure it had all the parts with it...

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
I always have my fogs on.
They offer wider periferal lighting yet don't distract other drivers.

The TCH does not have any OE fog Harnesses available.

Yu can get the OE light housings and retro with a custom wiring job. And a Relay MUST be used to do it Right.. But that won't be wired or swithed like OE.

LT

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought one of those kits off e-bay for 90 or 99 bucks. Not a Horrible kit. The kit eludes that the switch fits a blank in the dash. Thre isn't a blank with that shape.

The new grilles are horrible tho. They are a flimsy crack prone plastic and they don't fit. I had to cut all the misaligned tabs off and put a small black screw in the lower part to keep it on.

I have not wired them yet. I put them on in a hurry because my wife hit one of those big rig re-treads(they should be illegal in Arizona, but that is another story) and it knocked the stock blank out of the bumper.

If yud'd like a pic send me an e-mail.

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put foglights in my Hybrid, for compiling with canadian DRL standards. I put them on with ignition, with no switch. I used the kit from ebay, and cut off the switch and wired from the fuse box. YOu can also wire it with lowbeam, using the supplied relay.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey Crasher,

I see how most of the connections are made, but I have two wires left over that I can't figure out where they go.
One is a very heavy white wire that comes off the loom inside the car, and the other is a single small gage red wire that has a special plug on it.

No one seems to have an installation diagram or instructions how to wire this up.
Actually I would like to have them come on when my running lights go on, but I'm stumped as to how that's done.
Can you help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
does any one have pics showing their instal? I'm wanting to do the same on my TCH. I can't believe how cheap Toyota is, you'd think with the top of the line TCH it would have had fog lights :( I too have been looking on ebay, I just dont know what to do.... advice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the OEM fog lights on my Prius Hybrid and also own a 2007 Camry Hybrid 50th Anv Edition. I would'nt spend the money to add them to the Camry, they just don't put out much illumination. I seem to recall that they are not available for the Camry Hybrid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts