Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone attempted this yet, the factory are way over priced. this will be my next project

·
Registered
110 Posts
I installed a set of Pilot fog/driving lights in my 07 Tundra - I thought the OEM were too expensive also. I cut holes in the cups in the bumper to fit the lights, then mounted the bracket that came with the lights to an aluminum strip that I mounted to the sheet metal opening for the factory fogs.

I didn't want to pay $80 replace the headlight stalk (or pull the steering wheel and airbag), so I wired a switch to one of the blanks on the dash. I used the switch that came with the fogs, but will replace that with a factory-look one as soon as my Toyota parts guys finds me one.

I wired the relay and switch to the fuse panel where the OEM fog relay would go. That allowed me to take advantage of it being powered only when the parking or headlights are on, and to use the existing wiring from the fuse panel down to the fogs (I did have to solder on new connectors for the aftermarket fogs, but left the original connectors on too, in case I decide to change in the future).

The dealer service department xeroxed the wiring diagram for the OEM fogs for me. It helped.

No pictures yet - sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts