Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Just installed an H4 HID kit into an 05 Tundra AC SR5 and, while it looks great, the fog lights now don't turn on. I checked the fuses and all appears fine. Checked the bulbs and same. I did notice that with this HID kit it didn't utilize all of the power connectors (2 for the headlights, 2 for the smaller lights that blink when you unlock the truck). Could this be preventing the fogs from turning on? Would you recommend just installing a relay and a stand alone fog button rather than have the fogs turn on with the head lights?

Also, this H4 kit has the Hi/Lo beams. I noticed that when the hibeams are on, it doesn't display the icon on the dash at it did prior.

Sorry for any easy questions but I'm pretty new at doing anything to a Tundra.

Thanks for all of your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem, just installed mine yesterday and the fog lights won't come on. All of the fuses and bulbs are good. Did you have any luck??? Homey

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Hey folks,

Just installed an H4 HID kit into an 05 Tundra AC SR5 and, while it looks great, the fog lights now don't turn on. I checked the fuses and all appears fine. Checked the bulbs and same. I did notice that with this HID kit it didn't utilize all of the power connectors (2 for the headlights, 2 for the smaller lights that blink when you unlock the truck). Could this be preventing the fogs from turning on? Would you recommend just installing a relay and a stand alone fog button rather than have the fogs turn on with the head lights?

Also, this H4 kit has the Hi/Lo beams. I noticed that when the hibeams are on, it doesn't display the icon on the dash at it did prior.

Sorry for any easy questions but I'm pretty new at doing anything to a Tundra.

Thanks for all of your help.
Did you have DRLs? What wires did you tie in to or cut?

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually didn't cut any wires. The issue I found was that the fogs wouldn't turn on without some sort of current or connection in the passenger side headlight connection (this was a plug and play harness for the HID kit that pulled power solely from the driver's side connection). I still haven't been able to fully figure it out but may be working on the issue this weekend to try a few things. If anyone has any thoughts, they would be greatly appreciated and more than welcome!

Thanks

·
I'm just here for the food!
600 Posts
I just did an HID install on my '05 DC two days ago and my fogs work fine. I just went with a 6k single xenon H4 kit and I disconnected the DRL first. Next, when I plugged the bulb wires to the OEM connectors, my kit had two wires to connect. One for the ground and one for the low beam. If I can remember, for the driver side, the black wire which I think is ground or something goes on the right, and the other wire goes on the top. Same way for the passenger side. Though my kit allows me to switch the wires around w/o having to worry about burning or shorting anything out, it just won't turn on when I fire them up.

BTW, which kit did you go with if you don't mind me asking? I bought the O-NEX kit which was formerly known as Halo. I love it so far, though I may have to take it off and get rid of them if I don't pass my recon inspection at the end of this coming month:eek: wish me luck!

Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts