Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Fold Flat 2nd row options

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  FireTurtle75 
#1 · (Edited)
Are there any aftermarket flat folding seat options for the 2nd row? That & the slanted rear cargo area are about the only two things that drive me crazy about my 2016 SR5.
It's possible that my 40/20/40 folds flat, but if it does, I can't figure out how. Only the center section folds all the way. If anyone has any insight there, I'd appreciate it.

#4 ·
Yeah, I can't get mine to fold flat with the shoulder release. They will only lean forward to about a 60 degree angle and slide forward. The middle folds completely flat, just not the two outside seats. Not sure what's going on with them if they are supposed to fold down all the way.

#8 ·
I guess I'll be taking it to the nearest dealer when I can to see what is going on with them then. They need to fix the malfunctioning seat belt latches too. The driver's seat latch the buckle can't be inserted unless you hold the button down. It broke about a month ago. Pretty crazy that it has issues with only 42K on the odometer. Nothing major though. I've only put about 3,800 miles on it since we got it in December.

#12 ·
Have you tried using the top one to recline the seat backwards bit and then from the reclined position, while still pulling on the top handle, try folding it back forward? I have a Platinum and my middle seats fold all the way down. Recently I sold some parts to an SR5 owner and while attempting to load the stuff into his Sequoia he had trouble folding his two side seats down. His issue was that his babyseat in the middle was blocking the outer seats. I'm pretty sure yours is not the same issue but maybe there's something blocking the mechanical levers or the levers/latches/whatever are not fully engaging when you pull on that top lever. It's supposed to fold all the way down for sure.

#13 ·
Sorry that I forgot to come back and update this thread. But I did this a few days after you posted this recommendation to see if it would do anything & it worked. Before when I would use this latch, it would just fold forward like using the side handle.
After leaning both seats back as far as they would go, both of these latches work just like they should now. Not sure what was going on before, but no matter how hard of how much I lifted these latches they wouldn't fold the seats flat, now they work easily. They flip right down with just a light pull on them. Totally weird fix, but it worked & I'm super happy that I can fold them flat now. Now it's time to go camping!

Big thanks to everyone for the input. Hopefully if anyone else has this problem it will help them too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.