Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed two of these yesterday and they look AWESOME! For those who haven't seen them, here is the link...

V-LEDS Foot-well Kit 07-Up Toyota Tundra

Easily mountable in the front (driver and passenger side)...however I could not find a good place to mount them under either seat for the rear seats. If anyone has any ideas for the rear...please let me know.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I installed two of these yesterday and they look AWESOME! For those who haven't seen them, here is the link...

V-LEDS Foot-well Kit 07-Up Toyota Tundra

Easily mountable in the front (driver and passenger side)...however I could not find a good place to mount them under either seat for the rear seats. If anyone has any ideas for the rear...please let me know.
Just put mine in before coming to Canada! I love them! I am unsure if I need them for the bottom as the MAP, DOME and front foot well LIGHT UP MY CAB!

I zip-tied mine to the bottom of my rear seats.... Hope this helps....

WAY TO BE CREATIVE!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What happens when your seats are moved forward...any chance of them pulling loose?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I didn't use the VLED kit, but bought two VLED 24" strips and mounted one under each rear seat.... I soldered it into the wiring in the driver's footwell.

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
Some extra info for anyone interested in these lights:

• One #74 adapter plugs into where your footwell light is located.
  • One wire extends out, 18" long, to a 5.5" long piece of 3M mounting tape (the LED strip).
  • Another wire extends out, 45" long, to another 5.5" LED strip. This one goes to your passenger side footwell.

The lights are bright. Here's a shot of them in my truck at about 5:30pm ET on a hot ass sunny day. The little white thing in the middle is the #74 LED they'll be replacing. :coola:

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
got these in the mail today and will be installing tomorrow.

·
Registered
277 Posts
looks great!!!!

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Do they fade in and out like the original?
LEDs can be made to fade in the same manner as incandescents, but with the LEDs you may notice some "stepping" as the brightness level ramps down, as opposed to a smooth fade from an incandescent. This is due to the faster transient response of the LED. :cool:

·
Registered
797 Posts
coupon code "tundrasolutions" still works too!
On facebook, the usually give out up to 20% off and free shipping coupon codes
I'll update you guys when theres good deals

·
Registered
722 Posts
Where is the footwell bulb located? having a ***** of time trying to find out where to put these. Also how did you guys install them for the back seats?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Where is the footwell bulb located? having a ***** of time trying to find out where to put these. Also how did you guys install them for the back seats?
Its on the panel above the pedals:stooges:

tap into the wires from that light and run them anywhere you want light

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anyone have a pic of the tap-in spot?

This is a simple plug-and-play with no need to pull a fuse..........right?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts