Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Dorothy here. Just want to change the suspension part of my corolla, either the bushings or the strut mounts. What comes first?! To make it a tight one. Sometimes when I'm in a long driving, there are times it's wiggling, can't control the steering wheel the tires are ok..is it the suspension? Do I have to change the Toyota Strut mounts or the Toyota Suspension bushings? I haven't work it out with a mechanic because maybe I can have some ideas and buy aftermarket parts somewhere. Just need some suggestions and do it yourself tips. I think that will do. :ts:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dorthy,

Before you start replacing parts just for the fun of it, you might try checking the Toe-In measurement first.

If it is Toe-Out, (the front of the tires wider apart than the rear) then the car will wander all over the place.
Not enough Caster will also cause it to wander, but unless the car was involved in an accident, that will not likely be the case.

Have a good front end shop set the Toe-In at 1/16th of an inch, and then see if that doesn't fix it.

The wrong set of tires will also cause it to "track" a crack in the pavement.
And you have to remember that your car only weighs 2500 pounds, and on a windy day, or riding near an 18 wheeler, you're likely to get your butt blown all over the road too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts