Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hate to hijack, but how much difference did it make in your rearward visibility by looking through 3 windows rather than 1 ?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Visibility is terrible. Except in bright sunlight my rearview mirror is useless. I have a snug top that has the windows tinted though.

I wish I could get the lock to the camper changed to match the ignition key. Locksmith says it cannot be done though.

John

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
16.88 was 1/2 highway and 1/2 offroad in baja with 15% of it 4wd! i still don't believe it! 14.5 is 60% city 40% hiway. i get around 280-320 until the gas light comes on. put fish eye mirrors on your sides and forget about looking out the rear view mirror. i have a snugtop also love the way it looks and the functionality.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have had 3 Tundras with or without LEER camper shells.

Mileage did not change with the shell.

The biggest difference ( improvement in gas mileage) came when I bought a SCANGUAGE II

Now I watch my Instant and daily MPG and manage to squeeze a few extra MPG regularly,

As far as rear visibility, I use a wide angle interior mirror inside and MULTIVEX exterior mirrors. Never a problem to see unless it is raining and/or nightime.

For that situation I have rear bumper sensors and a CAMSBAR camera.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
No change in mileage when I added my mid-rise Jeraco cap. She ain't pretty but she likes to work:

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've had a topper on both my 2001 and my 2003........didn't notice much if any change in mpg.......I have the topper ARE and two 8D batteries and two industrial 6 volts in the bed (450 lbs) plus topper and yesterday my milage was at 17.4........mix of rural and city.....

P.S. dont tint back window of truck or front window on topper(sliders) and you can see out of them.........night is still tuff though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts