Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading on here that quite a few of you seem to be experiencing an unsmooth idle. My truck has 102,000 miles and has always had a nice idle, but recently I notice it tended to "roughen" up. At times when I would be at a traffic light I would look over at the passenger seat and see it shaking considerably. I thought maybe this had something to do with the ethanol free gas (drove approx. 30 miles out of my way to try it) I filled up with not too long before this happened. Definitely saw an increase in mileage even after driving my car harder than normal.

But, after refueling with Shell gas I noticed the erratic idle was still there. Noting that my timing belt was just replaced, I decided to have a look in the engine compartment to see if maybe something was not connected back. After looking and running my hand across all the vacuum hoses there was a thin diameter rubber hose coming from what I think is the fuel pressure regulator to the intake tube. Upon touching this hose, either it wasn't connected or it came off super easy upon being disturbed by me from the area that connects to the intake tube. I wasn't sure which one because I was at the front of the truck and couldn't see the end of the hose connected to the intake tube. Either way, after plugging the hose back on I now have my smooth idle back. That hose does not plug on tight at all. You could literally unplug it using one finger with no effort. Just thought I'd share in case this applies to any of you all.

·
Registered
739 Posts
thank you yamatoy i'll keep that in mind if mine ever idles rough

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi glad you found the issue. points given.
i'm also glad it had nothing to do with the ethanol free gas.
i'm glad another tried the pure gas,only to find out the fact that:
it did also give you to more mpg.

i belive ethanol is a additive to stretch the gas.
which is another super sneaky goverment implamented snake oil product.
to the highest degree. sadly many of us have no choise,
but to use this product & we can not say or do anything about it.
gorilla

1 - 3 of 3 Posts