Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for I have made the switch.

A former diehard GM/Chevy owner now driving a Toyota Tundra Crew Max.

I did my research and test drove everything but a Toyota Tundra. I was bound and set on getting the new Silverado, a great truck it is. Then I test drove a Crew Max and it made the choice easy.

I just picked up my 2007 Tundra this week and decided to share some pictures. Some wanting to see stepboards and Red Rock interior ect...

I will tell to you this truck is a different beast in person and my roomates photo skills are lacking.

The Slate with the Red Rock gets tons of compliments. I had the chrome step tubes replaced with the stainless brushed step boards.

Next up Line-X and replacing these tires :td: ...

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/mich400/Crew Max/100_0240.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/mich400/Crew Max/100_0232.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/mich400/Crew Max/100_0236.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/mich400/Crew Max/100_0238.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/mich400/Crew Max/100_0239.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/mich400/Crew Max/100_0233.jpg

You guys want to see anything I will try and get pictures up.

And I apologize for the tailgate picture I just noticed after uploading. Darn roomate is a Ford lover :clown: ...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
You need to buy your roommate a beer or two. He got you good.

Congrats on switching over to the dark side!

I've owned a few Fords in the past. Good trucks, but I made the switch to Toyota a while back and haven't looked in the rearview mirror since.

·
Registered
548 Posts
congrats. i love my crewmax as well. good luck with yours.

·
Registered
699 Posts
your lucky you said you didnt realize it I was gonna rag on ya!:D
Nice truck. I got a white 07 tundra but I kinda like the red rock do you think If I just got the seats done in the redrock withought the dash and centre consoule that it would look out of place?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hit_em:

Not sure, what color carpet do you have?

The carpet on my is sort of like a dark blue gun metal looking ish.

I think the door accents, front panel and middle console done in red rock help to blend it all together.

You could always get the seat done and if they 'stick out' too much - you always can get the RR on the middle console, door panels ect...

I had driven a tan interior and before that grey. I wanted something to mix it up with a lil pop and I love it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
"Welcome to the dark side, Luke" ;)

You have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about, my man. I've been a traditionally die-hard GM man and bought a new Tundra too. Your penance is a follows, "Put the pedal to the metal" and all your sins will be forgiven.

I build and own industrial warehouses on the Texas/Mexican border and have many tenants who distribute their automotive parts built in Mexico to locations around the world. We're talking Delphi, Lear, Altec, Ford, Saturn Electronics, Stratec Security. I even have very good friends (and very intelligent at that) who work for these companies. Basically these American companies make most of their seating, wiring harnesses, electronics and mechnical assemblies in Mexico. I have not seen one Toyota affiliate ask for a lease proposal along the border, but there may be one somewhere. It's amazing to see Toyota reactivate US plants and put people back to work and still be competitve with the "formerly-traditional" US automakers.

I may have a vested interest in buying a "domestic" vehicle; but I try to not mix business with pleasure. The new Tundra is a pure pleasure to own and operate compared to the pickups I have been driving the last 15 years.

Go now and sin no more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look great! Way to go! I see that you were set to buy a silverado. Can you tell me what specific things made you choose the Tundra. I am going to pull the trigger on either a Silverado or Tundra in the next two months and we seem to have the same GM background.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Your roomy got you good. Pay backs are a b!tch. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hockydad:

I say it was easy, it was a tough decision. The Silverado is a damn solid truck. I had my LTZ all picked out and even left my title there for my trade in, a 02' Tahoe LT 4x4 with 147K miles on it. I am a cubical rat by day and grease monkey on the weekends.

My opinions here:

Strong points to the Silverado, are the interior is awesome. I go about 6'5 230 ish and it was comfortable for me. Rebates, GM loyalty cash back, GM credit card points - a serious amount off!

Cons to the Silverado, are the exterior styling to me still seems out dated and old. I just am not turned by the stylin - 4 speed - Active Fuel Managemanet is a joke, sounds good but down grades engine response when needed to get up and go!

Strong points to Tundra 5.7 'blessed be our lady of acceleration' WOW - the Crew Max back seats are huge. However in 20's not married and no kids so maybe should have gone with the DC, oh well! Different styling to me down here in GA Truck Country.

Cons to the Tundra, Crew Max bed too small, metal too thin in bed. Second doors seem very light, power tilting wheel - gonna have to used to it. It does not fit in my garage in the shop next to the bass boat. The looks this thing gets :tu: something must be wrong with it. I could also do without some of the ignorant comments from some folks down here but oh well :p. I enjoy working on my cars don't think I will be FORCED to do with the Tundra.

Good luck and make the change as I did.

You can PM if you want to I will be your mentor or aid for this :D It is easy "Hi my name is ____ and I left GM and now drive a 2007 Toyota Tundra"

·
Registered
132 Posts
I honestly think that the Tundra is the best looking truck on the road right now. I've always liked the Ford F150 and the Dodge Ram and the Tundra is like a mixture of those too with a healthy dash of previous generation Tundra. Your truck is no exception DiscoShorts. It looks awesome!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bed being to short is not really a "CON" I thought toyota was releasing the 23ft long, long bed beast soon?

Neighbor just got the silverado 4x4, wants to race me he keeps rambling in a half drunkin state about 363 rear end gears, I don't know what that means maybe yall can help me there? He has everyone in the neighborhood opening the rear suicide doors so they touch the bed side and says only my doors open that wide. I keep wanting to say I bet I can get your wifes legs to open wider, but I can't find the heart to say it LOL!

Nice truck you got there, blue is my favorite color.....:tu:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Welcome new Toyota Tundra owner:D

A limited CrewMax with the Red Rock interior is really the top of the line. You got the best. Thanks for posting those great pictures, and good luck with the beast:tu:

:ts:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts