Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a form fit bug deflector for an '01. My old one broke and I want to replace it but the local dealership didn't even know what I was talking about. Is there anywhere I can still find these?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, yes, it all depends on the make your looking for.
and
i have seen at least 5 different looking 1's.
on page 2 of the double cab group, my tundra is posted. that 1 is a AVS.
it is nice, never faded or cracked. it is also a wrap around, & it is also the 1 that fit's under the top part of the grill, & is close to the hood & fenders. i seen 1 that stuck out approx. 4" from the hood. it wasn't for my taste. i have also seen here several type's.

i would do a search of bug or front wind deflectors. or post a thread asking for pictures. but i belive there is already a thread about this.
i just gave away all my mag. that show several types.
if yours cracked, just because. it wasn't hit by anything, do yourself a favor, it only takes 1 minute, wax it front & back. & under the hood. it will keep it from drying out. if you don't wax it all it takes is a wash and while you push on it to dry it will crack. or even if you lean on it, it can crack.
good luck,
gorilla

·
Registered
133 Posts
I do not typically lean or apply pressure to my bug shield. I am going to say that not leaning on it would be the easiest way to ensure it will not break, although wax may help.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, we all get bugs that get smashed on our deflectors. so we wash them off. usually they just don't come off.
so there are sevaral way's to remove them.
bug net's or wash mit's which to get them off like any other part of the front, hood, mirrors, bumper's,fender's flares, grill, etc. they never just lightly wash off. a fair amount of pressure is used. if the deflector is dry & brittle, it will crack. that is all i was saying.
there is a easy way to get all bug's off as i have stated before.
use new or used dryer sheets. they go into your dry'er with your cloths, to keep them soft & smelling nice.
they melt away the bug's, without alot of pressure.
i also know of a way to get rid of bird dropping, use never dull on the stain. most people have no idea of this.
than wash it off, than rewax. there are many tricks, for everything.
most of the time it works, unless they have been left on there for a long time. i take the bird dropping off everyday. if it happens. you would think by parking under a tree is best because the sun get blocked by the tree, but many forget about the birds. so i never park under a tree. also if it rains, all that tree sap, & fall out is all over the vehicle. making it worse.
gorilla

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I do not typically lean or apply pressure to my bug shield. I am going to say that not leaning on it would be the easiest way to ensure it will not break, although wax may help.
Easy way not to break bug deflector #2: Don't hit birds, rocks, or other flying s**t while driving.:nono:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like your comment 05DC451 LOL.

To the OP, the Toyota bug shield is actually pretty nice and low profile. I would try another dealer or online. The only downfall is the price, it's pretty expensive for a bug shield.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I have a bolt on EGR bug shield and I haven't had any problems with it. Paid $70 for it. look in my photo album.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input guys! I found the exact one I was looking for online at newtoyotaparts.com. They call it a focus form fit if anyone else is interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts