1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
227 Posts
Re: TRD 4.7L superchargers

Not sure on the first add, but the 03'-04' is not. I'm still learning a bit about these, but the earlier Tundra's SC kit has 9 injectors, where the later models have 10? I think it goes like this. 00' to 02' all work together, then its 03'-04' and 05'-06'.

Someone correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure this is how it goes.

·
Registered
431 Posts

yeaa, they dont make one for the 05'-06' to the best of my knowledge, ECU is different, and we have VVT-i

·
Premium Member
533 Posts

Yea both of them should fit the 2000 - 2004 tundra just fine. If yo uneed a Unichip to add water injection or anything you might need to run this let me know.

·
Registered
118 Posts

The first one listed has been sold... to me! Thanks for the for sale listings. BTW the box it came in said it was for an 03. Who has the original install instructions, especially the TRD ECU info? I found the mechanical install instructions on lextreme...

·
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The first one listed has been sold... to me! Thanks for the for sale listings. BTW the box it came in said it was for an 03. Who has the original install instructions, especially the TRD ECU info? I found the mechanical install instructions on lextreme...
Ask original member Tinik ( It's now member: Crazy Ivan ) . He has a set or original instructions.

·
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Are any of these compatible with a 2001?
Any year of supercharger can be used. The engine is the same between the 00-04's besides the difference in transmissions of course. And an aftermarket piggyback like the MAP-ECU2 can be used. The TRD piggyback is the root of the issue/problem for install fitment between the Two. For an 01 using an 03' charger you would need some extra brackets for the different throttle body as well. If someone can provide instructions HERE on the 00-02 and the 03-04 supercharger units, it will explain it in full detail since pictures are provided.

You can use the Uni-Chip stuff as well.

The 03' - 04' 4.7L TRD superchargers are more ideal due to the use of the 9th and 10th injectors. It utilizes 2: 650cc injectors instead of the 00' - 02' supercharger unit that has 1: 750cc injector for the boost enrichment.

·
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Curious ... Did it come with All the necessary fuel lines? The front one connecting the driver side fuel rail to the passenger side fuel rail , 9th and 10th injector fuel line, And the double banjo bolt? The Rear return Fuel line?

snout brace bracket? I didn't see them in the pics. Are they there in the box?

If not you had better ask the seller? And if he cannot find them I can help you on what to get to fab up the fuel lines. And where to get any additional parts you may need that fit right up/on.

I had to go through the whole mess of obtaining parts, finding the original manufacturers of the TRD unit. And calling TRD many times.

Also Carson Toyota Carson Toyota TRD Parts, Replacement parts and accessories for Southern California has some boost gauges left over. They bought the last of what TRD had in stock at the main warehouse.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Yes it has the snout bracket, double banjo bolt and the fuel hard lines, rear return line, belt, the duct for the pass side air vent, and both idler pullies.

I'm not going to run the additional injectors, or the TRD ECU, unless I can re-pin the break-out box and provided it actually would plug into my 06 ECU. One thing I'm concerned about is getting the bypass to open during shifts, so I don't abuse my transmission. I'll probably just buy the wiring manuals for the 03-04 and the 05-06 and see what the TRD ECU taps into. Or just get a MAP ECU or similiar and set it up to open the bypass during shifts.

For fuel, I'll either run bigger primary's (map ECU) or 100% Methanol injection. I'll try the meth first, because it will raise effective octane, and add additional fuel, and let me run the factory timing I hope.

·
Registered
431 Posts

whoa...:confused: , lemmie know what happens Einstein haha

·
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yes it has the snout bracket, double banjo bolt and the fuel hard lines, rear return line, belt, the duct for the pass side air vent, and both idler pullies.

I'm not going to run the additional injectors, or the TRD ECU, unless I can re-pin the break-out box and provided it actually would plug into my 06 ECU. One thing I'm concerned about is getting the bypass to open during shifts, so I don't abuse my transmission. I'll probably just buy the wiring manuals for the 03-04 and the 05-06 and see what the TRD ECU taps into. Or just get a MAP ECU or similiar and set it up to open the bypass during shifts.

For fuel, I'll either run bigger primary's (map ECU) or 100% Methanol injection. I'll try the meth first, because it will raise effective octane, and add additional fuel, and let me run the factory timing I hope.
Have fun getting it to work on the 06' That's new territory to me.

And you are going to have to run the additional injectors. The stock ones will not supply enough fuel. That or buy 8 new injectors from Fiveomotorsports like I did. 410 cc injectors. 8 - Toyota 4.7L Supercharged Bosch 410cc Fuel Injectors : eBay Motors (item 350316227056 end time May-12-10 22:07:05 PDT) These work , I have already test fitted them. And have measured them to the stock injectors. They are identical in length. Just not in width at the edges near the intake runners.

My supercharger unit builds boost at 2000 RPM's in at around 2-3 lbs. And its in closed loop. I hit a maximum of 7 lbs at 4800 RPMS - redline and 6 lbs all around the RPM range above 2400 RPMS. So you are going to need a piggyback to modify signal inputs from the o2 voltage signal , the MAF controling the injectors and a fuel map that reads MAP to MAF with the fuel cells and the needed/required ignition timing retard under boost when its needed called for. The Tundra sees around 25- 40 degrees of timing at times on a stock N/A engine. And the supercharger unit needs timing down to around 14-18 degrees. And no more than 20-25 at times under certain conditions of low boost. Currently I'm taking out 14 degrees when its necessary.

If it gets too complicated for ya. Just call Unichip and let Jack Friedman know what you're doing. He should be able to setup a unit for you on yer 06' Tundra so you can run upgraded 410 cc injectors with the blower and the needed 02 sensor manipulation in closed loop to enrichen the Air/Fuel ratio under boost in that OBDII portion. I would say thats best for you. Then ask about buying the Unichip tuning software so you can tune it yourself and have it on a notebook/laptop. Like making the needed timing corrections if it needs any later on as the ECU adjusts its knock thresholds.

Get a O2 wideband sensor put on One Bank 1 or 2 or the downpipes too so you can get some Air/fuel ratio read-outs.

·
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Just looking but I don't know if those injectors above are going to work. Call Fiveomotorsport Fuel Injectors - Bosch Injectors - Siemens, Denso, Rochester Injector Sets - Diesel Powerstroke Injectors and ask what connector is used on the 05-06 Tundras first. Then I'm sure he could provide the correct adapter for the 410 cc injectors. Because you are going to need bigger injectors.

Then ask if the dimensions are the same like length, o ring size and the lower injector seal. You are in a whole different ball game now

·
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
118 Posts

The complete motor w/sc was listed and sold on eBay a few weeks ago. I found it in completed items, emailed the seller and have not heard back. He did have 100%feedback. The eBay listing mentioned stronger rods.

·
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Supercharger 4.7L V8

Another unit available , this one fits 00-02 tundras. Low miles on the unit, 5K miles.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Mine's for sale too. $2,500 + cost of removal from my truck and shipping.

·
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Another: 2000-2002 Tundra application. Extras, ASP Pulley for extra boost. Uni-chip, ect. , Everything is included for install. Emailed him to verify and pictures provided to show.

$2500

Tundra TRD Supercharger/Misc Parts

·
Registered
11 Posts

Nice tip on the boost gauge - I just picked one up. Pretty good price, too. Sounds like they may only have a couple left.

·
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

No problem ^^ .. Also I found out the Volant intake gives the supercharger the ability to hit/make 7 p.s.i. of boost @ 3900 rpm's and above. Much better than what I explained earlier with the stock air box hitting 7 psi at 4800 rpms + only. More air to compress means more boost to be made. The tube is 3.5" around instead of 3" with the stock air box. I put on the Amsoil nano filter: Air induction filter #3065 with the amsoil pre-filter as well for that specific filter model/type.

The intake temperatures are down too. I explained it in the Forced induction forum here at TS. You will be able to see with the boost gauge now what you are making and what you can get with a the Volant intake.

1 - 20 of 273 Posts