Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2000 Tundra Limited with 103,000 miles. I had registered a complaint with the Department of Transportation regarding my frame rusting out. I also called Toyota of California and registered a complaint about my frame rusting out along with pictures. To make a very long story short I got no result. I traded my truck for a 2005 Highlander which I still have and enjoy. Two months after I got my Highlander I got a recall on my Tundra. I notified Toyota that I no longer had the truck.
Now I am looking at a 2003 sr5 Tundra with 70,000 miles at a local Toyota dealer. The 2003 is as is with no warranty. The frame has some rust and does not look like it has been treated by Toyota for rust prevention. My Question is IF I bought the truck could I go to Toyota for the frame issues? I believe the recall is over in 2012 so I still have a month and a half to file a complaint. Any body have any in formation? I really like the 2003 it has been well taken care of other wise.
Thanks for any help. By the way the dealer is asking $ 12,230 for the 2003.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
If the frame were eligible for replacement, the dealer would be doing it.

Only thing you can do is get under it with this diagram and a screwdriver and see what you find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts