Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the month for me to get my 2000Tundra truck with 136,000 miles inspected. I just came in from trying to jack up my truck to rotate tires. As I proceeded to jack the truck up along the frame near the front cross member I heard a crunch noise. When I looked under the truck where the jack craddle met the fram. The cradle of the jack was starting to depress the frame. Needless to say I lowered the jack and gave up on that idea. It will be interesting when I take it to the garage for the inspection. Just thought everyone would want an update on fram rust. I live in New Hampshire.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I had to patch my passenger side middle cross member. Cost me $50. Check my photo gallery on it. Filed a report with toyota. I don't expect Toyota to do anything about it.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
I just did the POR15 treatment on my frame. Luckily, the rust is not everywhere, per se, but definitely present (I live in the Chicago area where salt is widely used in winter). It's worse as I approach the front of the vehicle but seemingly still superficial. Hopefully the POR15 keeps the rust at bay for the next few years. I have an '01 with 75k miles FWIW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts