Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done w/ the first detailing out. Wash/wax etc. Turned out really good I thought. Any thoughts/opinions welcome.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Awesome truck. Looks great! You better get it in your garage though...don't know about you, but anytime I work that hard on waxing my truck, it rains within 24 hours. It's like doing a rain dance :eek:.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome truck. Looks great! You better get it in your garage though...don't know about you, but anytime I work that hard on waxing my truck, it rains within 24 hours. It's like doing a rain dance :eek:.

Theres a 30% chance tonight and I dont have garage access. :cry:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm in Oklahoma City right now and we've had 3.89 inches of rain in the last 5 hours :eek:. So we're dealing with flooding today. As you know, most of the weather that moves through Oklahoma goes to the NW (usually through Kansas and Missouri), but this is a huge band of storms, so I wouldn't be surprised if our good neighbors in Arkansas get rain too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Looks great! I love this configuration- reg cab shortbox 2wd 5.7. This combo is not available in Canada, same only with a long box. I can't wait to see what your truck or one like it will do at the dragstrip.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same color in a 4X4 DC, but your truck is much cleaner with all of the pollen in NC right now. Your machine looks faster and meaner than mine too with the regular cab. Nice ride.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, theres alot of pollen here also. Least itll be clean for a little while. I love the color. Great minds think alike... :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
You gotta be getting a lot of looks driving that thing around too. I have not seen a regular cab around here. I have been hearing a lot of "that's the truck from all the commericals" when I stop to put gas in my 2007 Tundra. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great looking truck but........What, no hitch? Cant see one in the pix.

Rich

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good to see you are conserving your water to wash your truck and not wasting it on your grass. LOL. A true truck owner. Looks great!!!:tu:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Looks nice. How bout a quick write up on your process and products? Always like to hear what others are using.

Nice work

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great looking truck but........What, no hitch? Cant see one in the pix.

Rich

The Sport Appearance Package deletes the hitch. I dont really need one anyway.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good to see you are conserving your water to wash your truck and not wasting it on your grass. LOL. A true truck owner. Looks great!!!:tu:
:D It was greener, the yard was just mowed so it looks dead. But you know, whatdya gonna do right. ;)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks nice. How bout a quick write up on your process and products? Always like to hear what others are using.

Nice work
Well, I just ordered a complete set of stuff from Meguiars a few months back. I used it all today. NXT Wash, NXT Tech Wax, NXT Tire Cleaner and Shine, Meguiars window cleaner, Gold Class interior wipes, NXT Wheel cleaner etc. I got the clay bar kit also but didnt use it today. At the end of the summer Ill clay it to get any grime off before winter.

Im just your classic, old school washer I suppose. I used the NXT Wash in our power washer, Meguiars micro fiber mit in a separate rinse bucket. Went over it a section at a time, in the shade of course. Used the tire cleaner. Then pulled it into the garage, dried it w/ the Meguiars water magnet drying towel. Still had some water spotting, but not too bad. Then moved on to the waxing. NXT Tech wax and a microfiber applicator pad. Moved in sections again. Polished/removed the wax with microfiber towels. Once I was done w/ waxing, I used the wheel cleaner/protectant w/ another microfiber towel. Then finished off the outside w/ the tire shine on a tire applicator thing (not sure the technical name). Then moved on to cleaning the interior windows (cleaned/waxed all the outside ones and mirrors) w/ another microfiber towel and Meguiars window cleaner. And lastly I used the gold class interior cleaner/protectant wipes and another microfiber towel to wipe off any excess. At that point I was tired, and mostly done. I didnt to the wheel wells, but I may tomorrow. Cleaned the engine compartment w/ just soap/water. Didnt need to be vacuumed or any carpet cleaned so I bypassed that today.

Once I get this Meguiars used Im gonna order some Zaino.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Your truck looks freakin' awesome dude, but you just GOTTA quit showing pictures of it! You're making me so antsy waiting on my Blue Streak DC! Only a month-ish to go.....[sniff, sniff]

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the same color in a 4X4 DC, but your truck is much cleaner with all of the pollen in NC right now. Your machine looks faster and meaner than mine too with the regular cab. Nice ride.

Any chance that you will post some pictures of your truck? That is my absolute favourite color.

Jochen

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
WOOOOOPIGSOOOOOOIE cleaner than chicken wing!! Nice truck and you will stay busy detailing, i lived in Ar 29 years and detailed cars for about 12 or 13 years and just keep some wax on it at least 2 times a month and you will be good!! maybe hit the front 3 times a month. Bugs in Ar are like bad on unwaxed front ends!! Congrats and get yourself some black custom rims! would set truck off nicely!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Have you thought about de-badging the truck, it would look even better without all those Toyota and Tundra badges? I took all of my badges off, I really like the clean look.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts