Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Crewmax Limited. Since it has chrome trim I thought it would look good to switch the painted front bumber out for a chrome bumper. Apparently it is not a simple change out. Has anyone attempted this? If so, any advice?

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
It does take some work to pull it off and reinstall. Lots of stuff to unscrew / disconnect, and much of it is difficult to access because it is blocked by other stuff. Not impossible though.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Had to take my bumper off to change defected PIAA fog light brackets for the better designed ones. It is a bit time consuming, but after doing it a couple times you figure out the secrets. Hopefully I explain this well enough:

Take off the plastic shields in the front wheel wells. Then take out the 2 screws attaching the bumper with the part of the frame. Take out the screws attaching the skid plate. Then you have to reach up high as their are 2 screws that you can't see very well that must come out. Then you have to kind of push down slightly on the chrome and pull out. Putting it or the new one on is the tricky part, but it can be done at home by you.

You have to slant it upwards under the painted front under your grille and push; you can pull up on the painted front a little bit to get the bumper rear under it and also get it on top of the bracket behind the fog lights as these are what your bumper rests on. Then start putting the screws in. It really helped to have someone push up on the bumper to make it level from side to side while I tightened the screws. Sorry that I didn't take pics. Great luck to you......

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anybody went from the Limited style front bumper to a chrome front bumper? The Limited style is one piece and the chrome style is two piece (the chrome bumper and trim piece on top). Apparently these two styles mount differently. If any of you have done this I would be curious to hear about the specific differences.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
it would be easier, and probably cheaper, to just colour match the door handles, and get black mirror caps. not to mention it would look 100 times better :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
dude! this is exactly what i want and tried to do. i posted an add on craigslist looking for a bumper to trade for but no bites... what color is your bumper?.... nvm your way to far... haha

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its's Silver Sky Metallic in case someone else is interested. I'm new to the site so I'll be getting pictures up before too long.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 2007 Limited Crewmax. I think the bumpers will interchange however; I'm trying to figure out all the details. When I inquired at the dealership the parts guy said it was too much trouble because the mounts were different. I suppose if it was a swap that the mounting brackets would be swaped as well. Where are you located?

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
What about these...they seem to appear black if you just left click on the thumb. Try downloading them or right click and open in a new window to see them properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2007 Limited Crewmax. I think the bumpers will interchange however; I'm trying to figure out all the details. When I inquired at the dealership the parts guy said it was too much trouble because the mounts were different. I suppose if it was a swap that the mounting brackets would be swaped as well. Where are you located?
I am located in Southern California, Artesia 90701. Where are you located ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Way too far away in North Carolina!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've found some pretty good deals on bumpers (ebay and such) and I would be willing to buy one from the factory. I just don't want to buy the bumper and then spend that much mre in brackets and such.

Thanks for the pictures and pdf. files. this will help a ton!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts