Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supportive Supporter
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a fix or suggestion to tighten up the mounting of the front bumper cover (the lower part of the grill/ air dam thing)?
Mine is constantly popping out on the seam on the drivers side, just below the side of the headlight.
I took it apart twice already. There are almost no mounting bolts, just plastic pins and clips that I have replaced!
I really don't want to glue it, but maybe that's what it'll take.
Any suggestions?

·
Supportive Supporter
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ain't that the truth!

Find a really good body man, and get creative.
I talked with one and he said to use something called 40/40 glue. I looked it up and it's like a super, industrial crazy glue!

·
Supportive Supporter
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I would've seen this sooner.
Yes, I'll post one tonight after I get home, we're not allowed to have cameras out here. :nuke:

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,299 Posts
The previous owner of my car had run into a few things... the front bumper has a crack centered at the very bottom, and it didn't hang perfectly. It looks much better after I had the dealership body shop work on it, but it still droops & protrudes a little right below the passenger side headlamp.

I am amazed at how the bumper covers are attached to the vehicle. Plastic push-pin snaps with washers, a few tiny screws, and plastic on plastic male/female snaps... it's kind of like a model car for the road. CAFE standards have consequences.

·
Supportive Supporter
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah......parts of it are like Tinker toys! No real metal holding that "front bumper cover".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts