Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing some searching around both here and google i cant really find an answer, im trying to do the color match thing on the truck and want to ditch the Chrome front bumper in favor of a color match limited one.

My question is whats involved? I know i need a new bumper skin obviously but do i need new mounts since the upper bumper and lower bumper is one piece on the resin one? New bolts? New mounting hardware? New fog light housings?

If anyone could give me an answer id greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. :tu:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've got a Limited that I want to change out the color-matched bumper to get the chrome front bumper that comes on the non-Limited models. I've looked into it, and the one I have is a one piece plastic shell/cover whereas the non-Limiteds appear to be two separate pieces for the front bumper assembly. I'm not 100% sure what the mounting brackets and such look like underneath or how the two may possibly use the same or different mounting hardware.

It sure would be nice if you were closer by - we could just swap them out and be done with it. :)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just powdercoat the chrome one and its much much cheaper, 007_tundra did it with my old chrome bumper and did it for like 125.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/182099-finally-took-some-pics/
I was thinking about powder coating and i got a quote from a guy near me. Its not the price that bugs me, im just not sure they can get an exact color match with the powder-coat. On top of that the guy that was going to do the powder coat says the chrome has to be stripped from them and he cant do that. Im kinda stuck here.

Thanks for the link btw

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i think on 007's all they did was sandblast or sand the crap out of it...i dont recall..and i havent heard from him in a while and got a new phone since then and his number didnt get moved over...i'll try to track him down sometime as i pass his work all the time....i'll leave him a note telling him to get his butttt back here haha....

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
heck, u two who want to swap bumpers...gas to get from one end to the other is going to be alot cheaper than buying all the parts i would imagine so just let it happen haha

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya as mentioned it looks to be expensive to do the fronts..Will just have mine blasted before truck is painted.
Yeah i guess im just gonna do the same thing and have my front bumper painted or powder coated as soon as i can find someone to do it, id like to have the rear bumper done too.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think on 007's all they did was sandblast or sand the crap out of it...i dont recall..and i havent heard from him in a while and got a new phone since then and his number didnt get moved over...i'll try to track him down sometime as i pass his work all the time....i'll leave him a note telling him to get his butttt back here haha....
Heck please do! Haha :tu:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'll sell my bumper skin for $25 plus shipping just to get it out of the garage before I have to hear about it again from the wife... you may have to get some mounting pins and such but that's a hell of a bargain...

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I'll sell my bumper skin for $25 plus shipping just to get it out of the garage before I have to hear about it again from the wife... you may have to get some mounting pins and such but that's a hell of a bargain...
What color do you have?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah it is, what colors the bumper?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts