Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking the torque on my calipers and it was dark I put my wrench on the wrong freakin bolt!

Anyone know what the torque spec is for the bolts that hold the caliper together? At least that is what they look like they do, they are right next to the bolts that attach the caliper to the truck. And they are not 90 ft lbs like the ones that attached the calibers to the truck.

·
Registered
344 Posts
edited: found torque rates on pg 46. 90ft/lbs for a 3/8" bolt is crazy. I wouldnt torque it more than 32ft/lbs, or else you'de strip it out or twist off the head. If its a 3/8" bolt that is...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
90 ft lbs is the torque for mount the caliper to the truck. There are 4 other bolts on the caliper (that I presume hold it together) and two of them are the same size as the bolts that mount the caliper to the truck labeled 9c. How important is it that I have these torque specs exact?

·
Registered
128 Posts
90 ft lbs is the torque for mount the caliper to the truck. There are 4 other bolts on the caliper (that I presume hold it together) and two of them are the same size as the bolts that mount the caliper to the truck labeled 9c. How important is it that I have these torque specs exact?
i found the ones that you are talking about on the pdf but can't find any torque specs on it.
did you loosen the two of them? if you did can you go to the other caliper and try tightening the bolts with your torque wrench by increasing the torque until you torque wrench clicks ? maybe increase the torque settings by 5ft lbs at the time until you find the correct number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts