Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the breather for the front diff where it rests on a bracket with a wire harness is rusted really bad. I was wondering if anyone knew what the part is called or how one goes about getting to replace that whole assembly

Here are some picks
ImageUploadedByAG Free1441990898.322186.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1441990914.109721.jpg

This picture shows the parts in the FSM but doesn't have a clear name on them
ImageUploadedByAG Free1441990940.125411.jpg

Any help is much appreciated

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
remove the rusty piece and replace it with rubber tubing? zip tie it to something for support.
That's what I was thinking about but there is very little room to get at the breather between the oil pan and the diff case. I'm hoping I don't have to loosen and move the diff to get at those parts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you remove the tire and rubber shroud from the wheel well and get in that way?
I may try that as well. I have access to a lift now so that will help me if I have to drop the diff to get at it.

I guess this hasn't been an issue for anyone so no ones had to deal with it. I'm going to try to talk to the toyota techs where I work to see if they have any other ideas or tricks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I may try that as well. I have access to a lift now so that will help me if I have to drop the diff to get at it.

I guess this hasn't been an issue for anyone so no ones had to deal with it. I'm going to try to talk to the toyota techs where I work to see if they have any other ideas or tricks

Hey!
I'm having the same problem...what did you end up doing? Did you have to drop the differential?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts