Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here I go again 07' dbl Cab. I have now had a totall of 3(including the original) front diff's in my truck and now its making the same grinding noise as the last 2 when its in 4wheel drive. I'm taking it in tommarow to be look at. Any suggestions or questions I should be asking them. Corprate Toyota has started a case history for me but I doubt that will do much. getting pretty frustrated here. Any help appreciated. Thnks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sounds like a lemon of a truck , how much milage was on each diff , I feel for you man , I had a 2006 tacoma with diff and cv problems , I traded it on my tundra 2009 of course.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
39k on the original diff. I have 44k now( about 2k on each)!! The replaced the left drive axle (which is where the noise is coming from) on the first change out.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yea my tacoma the cv on the drivers side had way to much play , you could here it clicking bad in reverse and 1st starting out pulling away from a stop. Took it to toyota 3 times , top tech said that it was normal , I laugh and told him he shouldn't be even changing oil for a living. Took it to an outside source , not toyota and they looked at it and said yea there are bad bearing in the front diff and laughed at how much play there was in the front cv joint coming out of the front diff. And then I bought another toyota !!! I must be dumb!!! I love my tundra though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts