Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a bit of a weird issue going on with my truck... first off the specs:
01 Toyota Tundra AC
75,000 Miles
4x4
Non TRD Package

Recently, the truck has started a wicked vibration while slowing down. The thing is, it's not a vibration right and left (that can be felt in the brake pedal and the steering wheel).... It's an up/down vibration, to the point that if I pay attention, I can see the front end bouncing up and down as I come to a stop.

This is violent enough to shake the items in my glove box at times.

My thought is suspension/alignment related - in which case I have already ordered some Bilstine shocks and will be getting an alignment when it's installed.

However, Wanted to check with the collective and see if anyone else had other things to check out.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You said it vibrates when braking? Make sure the rotors are not warped. Its very common on the early Tundras. Check the brake forum. Do you set the parking brake everytime you park? It will help adjust the rear brakes so the front do all the work when braking. If the rotors are warped, I would go with a set of aftermarket rotors. Nothing fancy. I actually got a set off of ebay for a $100/pair incl. shipping. I havent had a single problem in 20k miles and no noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts