Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this on my 2006 Tundra. Nothing was hit, and it almost looked like it was caused by the heat.....Anyone ever had this problem.....Warranty is long gone...

Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Auto part Hood

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Hood

·
Registered
831 Posts
You sure no one at least leaned on it? Seems to me like more than just heat exposure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea. Pretty sure, at least on my watch....Thats what we thought, but its been sitting in my driveway for 3 days when this happened....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Try loosening the mounting bolts and see if it can be reshaped.

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
Wow thats strange! I would take it off completely, it not hard at all, and see what happens. What color is your truck? I may have a grille if it turns out you need one.

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
That is strange. Without seeing it in person, looks to me like a heat or chemical reaction. Is the plastic still rigid when you tap your knuckle on it? If it is, then it's heat caused. If it feels flimsy and not uniform, then that's a chemical cause. But four years in the sun and finally buckling makes no sense. What's the underside look like? Are the fins broken or deformed?

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Is the grille by chance a cheap after-market grille? I've never seen that happen before.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Did it ever have a deflector installed?
Mine does that where the deflector tabs go under the bezel.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
That is odd. I just tried bending my spare grill and can't really make it look like that. I think it would take a substantial amount of heat to deform it like that and would expect some heat damage visible on the paint itself.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
we have that on a sante fe SUV but not that bad..but it is warped...but its from sitting out in the sun all the time. looks similar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies...I loosened it up and let it sit but it didn't really do anything....The plastic, origional, is still hard. It looks like a shrinky dink put in the oven.......I'm gonna run it by toyota tomorrow and see what they think....Its really bizzare...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Did you buy the truck new? If not then it could be an aftermarket grill and just OEM spec. I ran into that issue with my driver side mirror, you know the one some people have said shakes while driving? Anyway turns out it was a cheapo aftermarket POS. Just something you could look into before asking the dealership.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts