Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what to do next after you take off the screws holding it in place on top to get it off?

·
Registered
26 Posts
If I remember, there are clips by the headlight housings with small tabs that must be pressed to release the tabs. You have to try to do both sides together, which I know is difficult.

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
There are tabs that must be released where the lower edge of grill meets and attaches to the bumper!
And don't forget the (1)philips head screw down in-between the radiator support and grill. Some people don't see this screw.
Removing grill alone is tricky. It CAN be done of course. But, I see body shops remove the bumper cover and grill as an assembly first. Sounds labor intensive this way, but then the lower tabs attaching to the bumper are easily accessible. The slots in the bumper appear thin and fragile compared to the grill tabs that snp into these b-cover slots.
If this means anything. Hope I was helpful!:)
LT

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes, there are either 4 or 6 small tabs that attach the grill to the front bumper and it was a pain to get them off. I had to do this when I put my cleared headlights on and I was sooo mad!! I ended up reaching down behind the grill and pushing in the tabs I could reach and then for the tabs on the far end of the grill (near the headlights) I used a small skinny flat head screw driver with tape on it to avoid scratching and slid it underneath the grill and on top of the bumper and popped the tabs that way.

All I can say from my experience is BE PATIENT!! :) Good luck with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I was asking for my brother but he gave up and is going to take it to a shop to have it done. We dont live in the same state or I'd have done it for him. The process seems to be similar as my 03 Corolla.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi everyone. Well, I understand that the originator of this post has decided to go to the shop to get the work done, but I still wanted to post this info in case it could help anyone else with the removal of the grill or headlights.

I scanned in some pages of the factory manual and posted them on my cardomain page for anyone who could use this info. Again, this information is from the Factory manual so it is not info that I put together or anything. Just want to give credit where it is due. :)

I hope this helps everyone.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2248929

1 - 9 of 9 Posts