Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a pic of the receiver hitch mounted on the front of their Tundra?

·
No job too small.
2,206 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Here's an old pic of my Warn front receiver hitch.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I have a Curt front mounted hitch. It pretty much looks like dyogim's except that it has two recovery rings on either side of the receiver. I'll get a pic of it and put it up here

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a Curt front mounted hitch. It pretty much looks like dyogim's except that it has two recovery rings on either side of the receiver. I'll get a pic of it and put it up here
I have this hitch too. Keep in mind that your splash pan will come off if you mount it, there is no way it can stay on with the hitch.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Has anyone mounted it higher? By the pics it looks like it would hit and scrape alot off road. At least if I were driving. Why not weld a reciever above the frame? Then trim a small hole in the bumper or even behind the license plate for a "Clean" higher ground clearance look.

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Has anyone mounted it higher? By the pics it looks like it would hit and scrape alot off road. At least if I were driving. Why not weld a reciever above the frame? Then trim a small hole in the bumper or even behind the license plate for a "Clean" higher ground clearance look.
When I had mine mounted, I had no clearence issues with it against ledges, rocks, etc. But then again, maybe I wasn't trying hard enough. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I have this hitch too. Keep in mind that your splash pan will come off if you mount it, there is no way it can stay on with the hitch.
I have the Skid Row Skidplate and there was no problem with clearance.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts