Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab. I'm looking to go with a bigger wheel/tire combo. I'm thinking 18", but may consider 20". I'd like to go with the Nitto Trail Grappler, but notice they come in:

285/65/18 or 295/55/20

Looking at Discount Tire, they show the following to fit:

285/60/18 or 275/55/20

I'd like to go with a more negative offset (stick the wheels/tires out more). I'm not sure if the more negative offset is enough to go with the slightly larger tires or not.

If not.......what type of front leveling kit is made or best to go with to allow a little bit larger wheel/tire? I'm sure the back has no problem clearing much larger wheels as is.

Thanks for any input! :ts:

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
If your stock tire size is a 245/70R16 a 285/65R18 would be about 3" taller. This is a lot to stuff under your truck without some modifications and or lift/level. I would recommend at least a leveling kit to help fit this tire.

If you are set of this tire I would recommend a wheel that is 9" wide with a 0mm offset (5"BS). This will help keep the wheel and tire tucked under the vehicle where your wheel wells are the deepest.

I would recommend calling one of your local Discount Tire stores. They may be able to help you with a test fit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would go for a set of bilstein 5100 shocks in the front and set them to the max 2.5" lift and add a 1" diff drop, and the CV hose clamp mod. Then put the 5100 series shocks in the rear to accompany the 1" block lift or add a leaf depending on what you prefer. This is the best balance between lift and budget you will get on these trucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts